Get ready to harness the power of SharePoint 2007 to build and customize your own collaborative sites. This informative guide uncovers all of SharePoint's technical components and shows you how to effectively utilize them to meet specific business requirements. You'll learn how to address critical information management problems as you gain the skills to become a SharePoint application champion.
Inside you'll find detailed descriptions and illustrations that highlight SharePoint's functionality along with realistic scenarios that demonstrate how to apply the information. You'll first discover the latest features of SharePoint and its various technologies. You'll then explore everything from commonly used items all the way to the most complex capabilities of the platform. This approach will give you the tools so you can quickly create and modify your own SharePoint site that drives more efficient business processes.
What you will learn from this book
* How to use templates, themes, and master pages to design sites and workspaces
* Steps for utilizing the new features of MOSS 2007
* How to use workflows to efficiently manage a project
* Tips for adding, modifying, importing and exporting Web Parts
* Techniques for enhancing security by managing users with profiles and audiences
* How to create business applications using forms
* All about building and publishing web content from a single environment