The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
- It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
- It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
There are three versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack: Basic, Standard and Full.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Basic contains only the most essential things. It contains everything you need to be able to play the most popular and widespread formats. It is small enough to fit on a single floppy. Also great for including on your movie CDs.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Standard contains everything you need to play all the commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Full contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for the various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings.
Features of K-Lite Codec Pack 5.1.0 FULL version :
Changes from K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.5 FULL to K-Lite Codec Pack 5.1.0 FULL :
- Updated ffdshow to revision 3065
- Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 126.96.36.1995
- Updated AC3Filter to version 1.63b
- Updated Codec tweak Tool to version 3.1.0
- Removed DivX decoder. Be aware that ffdshow was already being used by default for decoding DivX video. So nothing has changed with regard to playback.
- Removed DivX encoder
- Removed VP6 encoder
- KLCP MEGA still contains the above removed components in case you need/want them.
- New set of file type icons for Media Player Classic
- Fixed file properties Explorer tab of Haali shell extension
- Minor changes