Head on over TODAY to MyAnonamouse.net for the BEST in Audiobook, E-books and ALL things for the Musician; Lick Library,Sheet Music, Music Books, Instructional Videos, etc. Our Registration is Closed now, BUT we always have room for one more great member:) IF you want to Register, please use the IRC link provided and join our Special INVITE CHANNEL.See you there! http://www.myanonamouse.netDescription ditorial Reviews
PHP and MySQL Everyday Apps For Dummies is a one-stop reference providing all you need to build dynamic, real-world, ready-to-use apps with the popular PHP (a scripting language) and MySQL (a database system) software. The book is a hands-on, go-to-guide that
* Walks you through installing the applications files from the CD-ROM and setting up your programming environment
* Contains all the code needed to create seven applications:
o User authentication with HTTP
o User login
o On-line catalog
o Shopping cart
o Content management system
o Web forum
o Building and managing a mailing list (on the CD-ROM)
* Automates the programming process and walks you through building the application from start to finish
* Explains how to write secure code
* Features complete code—not just snippets, but neatly assembled packages with “instant” real-world functionality
* Shows how to build the applications in two forms -- procedural and object-oriented programming -- providing programmers who want to switch to the object-oriented method of coding (which is new in PHP 5!) with the essential know-how
* Includes a companion CD-ROM that contains every line of code in the applications from the book plus a bonus chapter that shows how to build a mailing list
Information on each application includes a discussion of issues, structure of the database, code listings, and an explanation of the code. You can use these applications as is, modify them for use on your Web site, or build your own application using techniques described. If you want real-world Web apps you can use right away, this is the book for you.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
From the Back Cover
Includes unique object-oriented coverage!
Complete instructions for building real-world Web applications, with all code on CD
Create six practical applications — two user login-in apps, online catalog, shopping cart, content management system, and Web forum — both in procedural and object-oriented programming. Incorporate the apps into your Web site right away by following the easy directions. The apps are not just snippets, but neatly assembled packages with real-world functionality!
Discover how to
* Design and build two types of user login apps
* Restrict Web site access
* Build an online shopping cart and catalog
* Allow users to publish documents online
* Manage mailing lists
* Let users post messages on an online bulletin board