The newest mod from the /v/ and /k/ communities of 4chan, L.U.R.K. promises to deliver the most immersive and definitive S.T.A.L.K.E.R experience.
*taken from the ModDB page here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk/*
The L.U.R.K. team wants to provide the best possible experience for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
The goal of this project is to objectively improve Shadow of Chernobyl to the best of our capablities. It's our intention to make L.U.R.K. the definitive S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience.
This mod was founded and being developed from the 4chan /v/ and /k/ community.
* Stealth A.I. - The conditions have changed in the zone. Sneaking around undetected is now a key element to your success. The pacifist often makes away unscathed, however that doesn't mean you can't use your sneaking sense to your advantage in battle.
* Light Detection Parameters - What was thought to be impossible by even the highest tier programmers is now a reality. NPC light visibility threshold and fine tuned light parameters for every weather cycle brings Stalking a whole new meaning.
* Accurate Sound Detection - Stalkers can rest easy, for the sound of their knives cutting the air will no longer alert all the bandits in a 3 mile radius. Audible sound detection is a real factor in sneaking. Credit to ImperialReign for properly .ogg commented files
* Roaming S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s and Mutants - Your fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s are no longer bound to arbitrary constraints. They wish to seek the bounties that lie in the center of The Zone, however The Mutants will seek you as avidly as you seek the truth of your identity. Credit to DC for a functioning base for rebalancing
* Enhanced RPG Aspects - It's now more important than ever for you to earn your keep in L.U.R.K.. Your armor isn't found laying on the floor anymore, nor is it given to you. You'll earn your keep through traders, and buy those extra special weapons if you want to gain the upper-hand in battle.
* Balanced Economy - Merchants aren't around for shits and giggles anymore, you'll use them, or regret you didn't. You know why you're in the zone, you're here to live amongst the trade and profit from the scientific expeditions and collections in the mutated zone. Collecting artifacts, mutant parts, and protection is imperative to your success more then ever.
* Accurate Weapon Scaling - Weapons contrast to each other just as you'd anticipate in real life, however they still function with purposefully hampered realism to maintain the balance and fun that the original game has.
* Broad Array of Improved Weapons - Utilizing improved animations and orientations more comparable to real world handling, and corresponding placement according to a linear difficulty and improvement curve to better enhance the experience. Credit to Arsenal team for the compiled weapon models
* Thousands of Reworked Balance Configurations - Too many too list, I couldn't even begin to elaborate.
* Screen Space Ambient Occlusion - Rendering accurate ambient light reflecting off of objects and surfaces, proving a rich sense of depth. Credit to SKY4CE for the ported shader base
* Depth of Field - Creating an enhanced sense of depth perception, simulating the method the eye uses focus on objects. Credit to SKY4CE
* Dynamic Randomized Weather Patterns - With each hour of each cycle fine-tuned to be as visually appealing and realistic as possible. Credit to Trojanuch for a porting the randomized weather from Clear Sky
* Enhanced Textures and Detail - Consisting of resources from Clear Sky, such as grass sprites, textures, as well as unique detail authored from our team, such as player model textures, and ground bump-mapping. Credit to GSC for resources from Clear Sky (Note that the image linked in this description isn't representative of the final product)