XXCOPY is simply a logical extension to XCOPY. It remains faithfully compatible with XCOPY in the invocation syntax, yet, adds many innovative features to be a very serious utility for anyone who feels comfortable in managing files in command line mode (DOS Box). XXCOPY has grown to be not just a file copy program but also file removal, search and list utility. Its short-name preserving capability makes it ideal to clone a system disk which can be made bootable
* A Win95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/2003/2008 utility which runs in command line mode.
* Comes with a 16-bit version.
* (XXCOPY16.EXE copies files using the short (8.3 format) name only.
* Duplicates the entire system drive which can boot Win9x .
* Keeps the same short name (8.3) in the destination as in the source.
* The source specifier accepts wildcards in directory names also .
* Backs up directory incrementally without the use of archive bit. .
* Synchronizes directories.
* Controls file attributes (keeps the source, destination attributes or none).
* Excludes directories or files from copying by wild cards.
* Handles a Cyclic Copy case much better than XCOPY .
* Qualifies files by file date/time (Before, On, or After)
* Deletes files or directories using the same powerful selection mechanism 2.
* Copies hidden/system files, and overwrites Read-only files.
* Flattens a directory tree into files in one directory
… and many, many, intimidatingly more … (over 200 command switches)
* Copies security information for NTFS volume archiving.
* Supersedes Microsoft’s ROBOCOPY
* Works very much like XCOPY with the same command syntax.
Pro Version Features:
* XXCOPY Pro is our flagship product for IT professionals.
* XXCOPY Pro supports file transfers between networked computers.
* XXCOPY Pro is ideal for automated backup with advanced features.
* XXCOPY Pro is available for a 60-day trial for free without obligation.