* Josef Zawinul - Electric and acoustic piano, synthesizer
* Wayne Shorter - Soprano and tenor sax
* Miroslav Vitous - Electric and acoustic bass
* Eric Gravatt - Drums (tracks 2, 4 and 6)
* Dom Um Romão - Percussion
* Muruga Booker - Percussion
* Andrew White - Electric bass (tracks 1, 4 and 6), English horn (tracks 3 and
* Herschel Dwellingham - Drums (tracks 1, 2, 3 and 6)
Weather Report was an influential jazz fusion band of the 1970s and early 1980s combining jazz and latin jazz with art music, ethnic music, r&b, funk and rock elements (in varying proportions throughout their career). Their music is demonstrative of high levels of compositional and improvisational skill.
Being one of the groups most frequently associated with both fusion and jazz-rock may be seen as ironic, as Joe Zawinul once said in a Down Beat interview he "did not understand what fusion meant" and Pat Metheny once revealed he and Jaco Pastorius sometimes used to talk about how much they disliked that musical style called "jazz-rock".
Brought to you by TQMP. (The Quality Music Project)
In this project we, fellow pirates share only quality items out of our CD collections in lossless FLAC and include covers, especially for those who like to burn and print and put it in a nice and shiny jewelcase. Well, you all know the drill :)
Ripped by Exact Audio Copy V0.99 from 01-23-2008, encoded to FLAC with 1024kb/s
Get Your Free Copy of the EAC and FLAC suite at:
Please feel free to join the TQMP project!
The "rules" are simple: Rip your CD (no 1980's cassettetapes or vinylrips please!) in lossless format AND include artwork. Include cue- and logfiles for the purists and the TQMP searchtag in your title, so it can easily be found. (Yes, on Google as well..)