Eset NOD32\'s latest version is sleek and recommended. The company currently provides a 30-day, full-featured trial, with no third-party toolbars added on nor other strings attached.
Installation is clean and straightforward. So is the interface, which has improved greatly from its humble beginnings as separate scanners that once littered the desktop. Combined into one interface, NOD32 can be toggled between standard features and more advanced features. Although our scans were a little on the slow side, system-resource use was low, and the results good. NOD32 has consistently scored near the top of several independent antivirus testing organization ratings for finding the most malware.
Should you decide to uninstall, there is an uninstall option. However, upon reboot, we found residual system files and Registry settings that have to be deleted by hand.
Here are some key features of \"NOD\":
· ThreatSense technology — a single optimized anti-threat engine for analyzing code to identify malicious behavior, such as viruses, spyware, adware, phishing and more
· Unprecedented heuristic analysis capable of discovering new malware threats as they emerge
· Powerful virtual PC emulation technology enables unpacking and decryption of all types of archives and run-time packing
· Able to clean active malware running in memory
· Protects at multiple infiltration points, including HTTP, POP3, SMTP and all local and removable media
· Removes infections from files that are locked for writing (e.g., loaded DLL file)
· Prevents infected files from being opened and executed, and warns on creation of infected files
· Automatic execution on system startup
· Supports multiple Terminal Server environments
· Supports scanning of mapped network disks
For Windows 2000, XP, 2003
· 400 MHz 32-bit (x86)
· 128MB RAM of system memory
· 35MB available space
· Super VGA (800 x 600)