The biohazard threat has not ended! Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destroyed, along comes a new terror to send shivers down player's spines. Chris Redfield, returning Resident Evil hero, has followed the path of the evil literally around the globe. After joining a new organisation, Chris heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Chris must take on the challenge of discovering the truth behind this evil plot. Promising to revolutionise the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control, Resident Evil 5 is certain to bring new fans to the series. New technology developed specifically for the game, as well as incredible changes to both the gameplay and world of Resident Evil will make this a must-have game for gamers across the globe.
* Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns
* New environments and a diverse assortment of locations
* New enemies bring new challenges - speed and intelligence make adversaries as dangerous singly as they are in groups
* An arsenal of weapons at the players command to keep the evil at bay, including knives, pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles and more
* Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense in both harsh light and deepest shadow
* True high-definition gaming on multiple game platforms, using an advanced version of Capcom's proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the next-gen, million-plus hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising