The 4-Hour Work Week explains what a lifestyle entrepreneur is and why you should want to become one. It teaches you how to kill your job and design a life, the 80/20 rule and how it increases productivity, how to replace your dreams with goals, and more. Listeners can lead a rich life by working only four hours a week, freeing up the rest of their time to spend it living the lives they want.
"It's about time this book was written. It is a long-overdue manifesto for the mobile lifestyle, and Tim Ferriss is the ideal ambassador. This will be huge."
--Jack Canfield, co-author of Chicken Soup for the Soul
"Sick of the rat race? Tim is the future!"
--Tim Colvin, office of the CTO, Morgan Stanley
Tim Ferriss is an extraordinary young man on a mission. The 28-year-old
serial vagabond and successful entrepreneur has been teaching a wildly
popular course at Princeton University for the past four years--a how-to
and why-to guide to throwing out the old tools and methods for success
(balancing life and work, retiring well, having a great nest egg) and
replacing them with a whole new way of living. Readers can lead a rich
life by working only four hours a week, freeing up the rest of their time to spend it living the lives they want.
About the Author:
TIM FERRISS has a diverse background of experience, including working as
an actor, speaking seven foreign languages, holding a world record in
tango, and being a national Chinese kickboxing champion. He has written
for Maxim and the Philadelphia Inquirer, has appeared on MTV and CBS
radio, and has been interviewed or featured in such major publications
as the New York Times, LA Times, Parade, Cosmopolitan, Entrepreneur
Magazine, and National Geographic Traveler.
What do you do? Tim Ferriss has trouble answering the question.
Depending on when you ask this controversial Princeton University guest
lecturer, he might answer:
“I race motorcycles in Europe.”
“I ski in the Andes.”
“I scuba dive in Panama.”
“I dance tango in Buenos Aires.”
He has spent more than five years learning the secrets of the New Rich,
a fast-growing subculture who has abandoned the “deferred-life plan” and
instead mastered the new currencies—time and mobility—to create luxury
lifestyles in the here and now.
Whether you are an overworked employee or an entrepreneur trapped in
your own business, this book is the compass for a new and revolutionary
world. Join Tim Ferriss as he teaches you:
• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per
hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent "mini-retirements"
• What the crucial difference is between absolute and relative income
• How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if it’s beyond repair
• What automated cash-flow “muses” are and how to create one in 2 to 4 weeks
• How to cultivate selective ignorance—and create time—with a low-information diet
• What the management secrets of Remote Control CEOs are
• How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50–80% off
• How to fill the void and create a meaningful life after removing work and the office