Providing an unrivaled level of authenticity, NBA LIVE 08
introduces hot spots, using real NBA shot data to illuminate the
locations on the floor where your players are most effective.
Couple this with all-new signature go-to moves that capture the
essence of the NBA's best, and you can now play the game on a
console like you see it from the stands.
* All-new quickstrike ball-handling: Whether you're pushing the
ball upcourt or backing down a defender inside, quicker, more
responsive ball-handling moves allow you to break down opponents
and take complete control of your game.
* Own the paint: Put the ball in the hands of your big men and go
head-to-head in the lane. With all-new moves and counters,
including pump fakes, drop-steps, and spins, post play has never
* Hot and cold: Use the actual NBA shot tracking data to know who
to feed and who to defend. An all-new on-screen overlay shows
you exactly where a player is most dangerous.
* Go-to moves: Every player has a go-to move that they
consistently go to when the game is on the line. Now the
signature go-to moves of the NBA's best players have been
realistically re-created to help you score when it counts. That
patented step back jumper? A fadeaway with the big leg kick? If
it's in the game, it's in the game.
* New look and feel: 5-on-5 gameplay has never looked so good. The
game features enhanced player spacing and behavior logic in the
half-court, upgraded passing and rebounding mechanics, and an
all-new two player interaction engine.
* All-new shooting mechanics: From deep three-point shots well
beyond the arc to 10-foot jump shots in the paint, every shot
attempt has been redesigned to provide more fluid, realistic
results. Dunks and lay-ups are now assigned to the same button
command making highlight reel plays even easier to perform.
* The NBA goes live: Player faces, team uniforms, and authentic
arenas jump to life behind the power of next-generation game
graphics. Whether you're working on your game in the revamped
practice gym, or playing in front of a packed house, feel what
it's like to be an NBA superstar.
* Like butter: Running at a smooth 60 frames per second, NBA LIVE
08 is as close as you can get to the court, without dropping a
dime for courtside seats.