Hacking Windows Vista: ExtremeTech
Vista is the most radical revamping of Windows since 1995. However, along with all the fantastic improvements, there are a couple of things that likely drive you up the wall. Don’t worry, though—just join forces with author Steve Sinchak and you’ll end up feeling as though Microsoft designed Vista just for you! He shows you how to tweak logon screen settings, build custom Sidebar gadgets, personalize Aero Glass with themes and visual styles, turn your PC into an HDTV media center, fine-tune your firewall, and more.
Table of Contents:
* Part I: Customizing Your Computer.
* Chapter 1: Customizing the Look of the Startup.
* Chapter 2: Customizing User Navigation.
* Chapter 3: Hacking the Desktop.
* Chapter 4: Customizing the Appearance of the Windows Interface.
* Chapter 5: Hacking Windows Explorer.
* Chapter 6: Hacking IE7.
* Chapter 7: Hacking Windows Media.
* Part II: Increasing Your System's Performance.
* Chapter 8: Analyzing Your System.
* Chapter 9: Speeding Up the System Boot.
* Chapter 10: Making Your Computer Log On Faster.
* Chapter 11: Speeding Up Windows Explorer.
* Chapter 12: Optimizing Windows Core Components.
* Chapter 13: Speeding Up Your Web Browser and Network Connection.
* Part III: Securing Your System.
* Chapter 14: Windows Security.
* Chapter 15: Internet Security.
* Chapter 16: Protecting Your Privacy.