Description: MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3.
Bit rate: 320 kbps.
Sample rate: 44100 Hz joint stereo.
Tags: ID3V1 & ID3V2.
Source format: CD
Number of tracks: 16.
"..........A tour in Continental Europe and Scandinavia followed in 1987 on which Bissi performed tracks from the Park Hotel album alongside reworked arrangements of songs from her earlier repertoire; the romantic "Una Notte Speciale" became an up-tempo rock track, breakthrough single "Il Vento Caldo Dell'Estate" was given an updated synthesizer and drum-machine treatment, Eurovision Song Contest entry "I Treni Di Tozeur" became a ballad in half tempo with influences from the Maghreb, while songs like "La Mano", "Rumbarock" (retitled "Hispavox") and "Notte A Roma" were performed unplugged with acoustic guitars and sparse percussion. After the completion of the tour, six of these interpretations were recorded in studio and released on the album Elisir (Elixir) which also included two previously unreleased songs, the opening track "Nuvole" ("Clouds") and a cover version of Lennon and McCartney's "The Fool on the Hill", released as the lead single.
Elisir, which featured noted German drummer Curt Cress (Tina Turner, Meat Loaf, Rick Springfield, Freddie Mercury) and was mixed at Abbey Road Studios in London, again became a commercial and artistic success for Alice and was later awarded the prestigious prize Goldene Europa for sales on the German speaking markets. In Japan the album was released under the title Kusamakura (Grass Pillow) and then included the new recording "Le Scogliere Di Dover" ("The reeves of Dover"), with which Alice participated in the World Popular Song Festival in Tokyo in early 1988. This track would later be re-written, re-arranged and re-recorded for the 1989 studio album Il Sole Nella Pioggia, then titled "Cieli Del Nord" ("Skies of the North").
Both "Il Vento Caldo Dell'Estate" and "I Treni Di Tozeur" were again re-recorded and included in the 2000 career retrospective Personal Jukebox."
"Invece di realizzare un album live, come programmato, ci siamo chiusi in studio per riarrangiare e registrare una buona parte del repertorio. Così è nato questo disco, così ora cantare e suonare anche le vecchie canzoni è un nuovo piacere. /A."
01. Nuvole (Clouds) (1987)
02. Il Vento Caldo Dell'Estate (The Warm Summer Wind) (Elisir Version, 1987)
03. Notte A Roma (Night In Rome) (Elisir Version, 1987)
04. Hispavox (Rumba Rock, Elisir Version, 1987)
05. I Treni Di Tozeur (The Trains From Tozeur) (Elisir Version, 1987)
06. The Fool On The Hill (1987)
07. Una Notte Speciale (A Special Night) (Elisir Version, 1987)
08. La Mano (The Hand) (Elisir Version, 1987)
09. Le Scogliere Di Dover (The Reeves Of Dover) (From Japanese edition 'Kusamakura', 1988)
10. Il Vento Caldo Dell'Estate (1980)
11. Notte A Roma (1983)
12. Rumba Rock (1980)
13. I Treni Di Tozeur (Alice & Franco Battiato, 1984)
14. Una Notte Speciale (1981)
15. La Mano (1982)
16. Cieli Del Nord (Skies Of The North) (1989)