Gold Wave Editor helps you transfer tapes, LPs, live performances, Internet radio, TV, DVD, or any other sound source to your hard drive. The software helps protect your valuable recordings–just set the sound source, the recording quality, and volume, then start recording.
The Editor allows you to perform various operations with audio data such as displaying a waveform image of an audio file, filtering, applying various audio effects and more. It includes a click and crackle filter for cleaning vinyl records, a noise filter for cassette-tape recordings, and an equalizer to enhance the sound quality of all recordings.
* Open, create, and save audio files in any of the supported formats (can also save any portion of a loaded file to disk as a new file)
* Display audio data waveform (Zoom Full, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Zoom Vertical)
* Play audio files or any portion of the files (Play, Pause, Stop)
* Record audio from a microphone or any other available input device
* Edit audio files visually (Cut, Copy, Delete Selection, Delete Silence, Paste, Paste From File, Mix, Mix From File)
* Apply various effects (Amplify, Compressor, Delay, Equalize, Fade In and Fade Out, Flanger, Invert, Normalize, Phaser, Reverb, Reverse, Silence, Shrink, Stretch, Vibrato, etc.)
* Apply different filters to any selected portion of audio files