NeoPaint is a full featured artist's studio for Windows & vista that's easy-to-learn, powerful and affordable! It's simple enough for beginners yet packed with powerful features and advanced tools. Includes an excellent screen capture feature, animated GIF editor, icon editor, special effects, natural media painting tools, and more. NeoPaint makes it easy for business and home users to touch up photographs and create great looking graphics for desktop publishing, presentations and the Internet!
Some of NeoPaint's many powerful features include: support for many popular image formats like JPEG, GIF, PCX, TIFF, BMP and PNG; integrated support for scanners and digital cameras; professional quality output to any Windows compatible black and white or color printer; multiple undo levels; dozens of special effects and textures; custom paint brushes; photo retouch and color correction tools; high quality color and format conversion; masking; red-eye removal; cloning; stamp pad; 3D objects, color separation; Picture Browser with file management tools; built-in NeoGrab Screen Capture; and dozens of other tools and options. NeoPaint also includes some exciting natural media tools including charcoal, crayon, chalk, ink, watercolor, oil paint and more.
In addition, NeoPaint includes powerful built-in Animation Tools for creating and editing animated GIF files, and a built-in Icon Editor for creating and editing Windows icons and cursors. Unlike some basic stand-alone GIF animation utilities and icon editors, NeoPaint's integrated editor provides you with complete access to a full range of powerful painting and editing tools. Good news for users of NeoSoft's NeoBook software: NeoPaint can also be used to create and edit NeoBook's Cartoon (CAR) files. You can even open an Animated GIF and save it as a Cartoon file or vice versa.
* Painting and Drawing Tools: Brush, Airbrush, Highlighter/Magic Marker, Charcoal, Crayon, Chalk, Watercolor, Oil, Quill Pen, Custom Brushes, Eraser, Color Eraser, Flood Fill, Tile Fill, Gradient Fill, Color Replacement Fill, Text, Line, Bezier Line, K-Line, Color Sampler, Smudge, Blend, Sharpen, Soften, Sponge, Clone, Red-Eye Removal, Multi-Level Zoom, Patterns, Rectangles, Ellipses, Polygons, 3D shapes and more.
* Multi-Level Undo/Redo: Powerful undo/redo feature keeps track of multiple changes made to your pictures.
* Stamp Pad: Quickly assemble pictures using collections of clip art and stamp images. Create, edit, rename and delete stamps. Stamp images may even be used as custom multi-colored brushes.
* Selection Tools: Rectangle, Ellipse, Polygon, Freehand, Fill and Color selection with Transparent, Solid, and Edge Blending options.
* Special Effects and Textures: Blur, Erode, Sharpen, Soften, Noise, Antialias, Impressionism, Pen & Ink, Pointillism, Mosaic, Border, Buttonize, Vignette, Auto Trim, Fade, Halftone, Posterize, Solarize, Blend, Emboss, Lattice, Motion Blur, Pixelize, Screen, Smoked Glass, Streak, Wirlpool, Wave, Acid Wash, Cameo, Crystallize, Texture Melt, Toxic Rain and Vaporize. Textures: Brick, Burlap, Canvas, Cast Iron, Clouds, Coral, Crumpled Paper, Denim, Dirt, Fire, Grease, Leather, Marble, Matting, Melted Plastic, Oatmeal, Plasma, Sand, Sponge, Stucco, Thick Paint, Tile, Water, Wood and more.
* Color Control: Works with 2, 16, 256, grayscale and 16 million color images. Custom Palettes, Color Balance, Color Similarity, Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Color Reduction/Conversion, Color Separation/Combining, Gamma Correction, etc.
* Screen Capture: Integrated NeoGrab utility that makes creating screen shots for manuals, training, newsletters and web sites fast and easy. A variety of capture methods make it simple to get just the portion of the screen you want.
* Picture Browser: Integrated Picture Browser can be used to display thumbnail previews of an entire folder of image files. Additionally, previewed files may be opened, copied, moved or deleted using the included file management tools.
* Scanner Support: Provides direct access to most TWAIN compatible scanners and digital cameras.
* Printing: Excellent printed output to any Windows compatible black and white or color printer! Print preview allows exact placement and sizing. Print crop marks, CMYK separations, and more.
* Internet/Web support: Create and edit Animated and Transparent GIF images. Use the GIF and JPEG optimization functions to reduce file size. The "Load from the Web" option can load images into NeoPaint using an Internet URL address.
Supported File Types:
BMP- Windows Bitmap
CAR - NeoBook Cartoon
CUR - Windows Cursor
GIF - CompuServe (supports both transparent and animated formats)
ICO - Windows Icon
JPG - JPEG/JFIF
NPM - NeoPaint Mask
PAL - Palette File
PCT - Macintosh PICT
PCX - ZSoft/PC Paintbrush
PNG - Portable Network Graphics
PSD - PhotoShop 3
RAS -Sun Raster
ST - NeoPaint Stamp (DOS format)
STW - NeoPaint Stamp (Windows format)
TIFF - Tagged Image Format
TGA - Targa
WPG - WordPerfect (raster format only)
WMF - Windows Meta File (raster format only)
Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4x, 2000, XP, Vista or higher
A hard disk with 10 MB free space
Mouse or other Windows-supported pointing device
Windows-supported printer (optional)