IBM Lotus Symphony description
A suite of applications for creating, editing and sharing text
IBM Lotus Symphony is a feature-rich set of office tools that are free and easy to use. There are three applications that make up Lotus Symphony: Lotus Symphony Documents, Lotus Symphony Spreadsheets, Lotus Symphony Presentations.
What's New in This Release:
· Enabled Microsoft® Office 2007 files import support.
· Significant enhancements in DataPilot in spreadsheets, including show/hide field items panel, drill down to details, DataPilot cache support, and default styles.
· Numbering enhancement in documents to improve interoperability with Microsoft Word.
· Enabled Microsoft Office and IBM Lotus SmartSuite® password protection support for spreadsheets.
· Enabled network URI access and hyperlink support that allows you to create network connection hyperlinks for URI protocols including FTP, MailTo, and SMB.
· Enabled envelope support which allows you to create an envelope, set envelope properties, and set printing options.
· Enabled Widgets Catalog server support.
· Improved print performance.
· Enabled Sumproduct's ForceArray formula support in spreadsheets.
· In presentations, page layout is more visible by locating the Properties sidebar in the right panel.
· Provided better animation effects interoperability with Microsoft PowerPoint on font-relative effects, fade-exit effects, and multiple motion paths; and enabled the animation play at automatic page transitions.
· Provided an automatic cursor in presentation screen shows as a default option.
· Presentation pages can be deleted continuously without any prompt.
· Provided new graphic bullets and clip art.
· Provided enhanced color pallette in color picker.
· Enhancements in live text.
· Enabled support that allows you to open a file by dragging and dropping a file to the home page or the New.
· A continuous improvement in mail merge in documents.
· Default font is changed to Arial in presentations and documents.
· Enlarged the pull-down list length upper limit to 20 items to make more options visible.
· Enabled Ctrl+left Shift and Ctrl+right Shift hotkey support to switch BIDI layout.
· Enhanced toolbar and main menu usability.
· Provided rich Lotus Symphony document model APIs for Spreadsheets and Documents.
Online help enhancements:
· Enhanced help content for spreadsheets, common, and preferences topics.
· Added drag-to-install function in the Plug-ins section.
· Added support for multiple downloads and enabled Atom feeds for clip art and templates in the Gallery section.
· Expanded search function for the Forum.
· Rotated announcements on the Home page.
More info : http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.nsf/home