This mod originally seeded by by http://www.closecombatseries.net
Name: Stalingrad Der Kessel
For: Close Combat 5 - Invasion Normandy
This CC5 mod begins on November 19th, 1942.The beginning of Operation Uranus: encirclement of the 6th Army by the Soviets. The mod includes the German tentative counterattack named Operation Winterstorm which begins December 14th and ends on December 24th due to the situation of the 6th Army being hopeless. Der Kessel is the first mod where the front is not linear, during 80% of the campaign, you will have the German 6th Army encircled by the Soviets.
1. Full installation of Close Combat 5 Invasion Normandy required. (Not included)
2. Install CC5_Patch_v5.01a.exe (Included)
3. Install Cfg13.zip (This is the Config Manager used to install mods - included)
4. Unzip CC5_Der_Kessel_Mappack.zip to C:/Program Files/SSI/Close Combat Invasion Normandy/Maps or equivalent folder.
5. Unzip CC5_Der_Kessel_Plugin1.2.zip to C:/Config Manager/Plugins or equivalent.
6. Run the Config Manager and install Der Kessel.
7. Play CC5
Notes: The following submods are optional...
Kessel Video - The intro video plugin
SDK_German_Vetmod - Increases difficulty vs Russian AI
SDK_H2H_Submod - For playing online against a human opponent
SDK_Russian_Vetmod - Increases difficulty vs German AI
SDK_What_if_Submod - Tiger Tanks become available during the Wintergewitter Operation
For additional info, patches, how to guides and updates for this mod and all others visit http://www.closecombatseries.net.
To play online, install the included GameSpy Arcade client (ArcadeInstallFull205-google.exe) and join the Close Combat 5 Invasion Normandy Room.