The complete, compact and easy burning suite
Does your burning software do everything but you canΓÇÖt find anything? Did installing it take up several gigabytes of hard drive space and fill up your Taskbar? Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 is different. It's compact, fast and amazingly easy to use. You just choose from a list of tasks and the software guides you through every step. And even though it has all the functions you would expect from a complete burning suite, the entire software takes up less than 85 megabytes on your hard disk.
New Label Designer
Discs labeled with felt pen scribbles were yesterday. Now you can design and print cool labels, case covers and booklets in no time. The new Label Designer comes with a stack of professional themes and it can import track and data lists directly from the disc you want to label.
If youΓÇÖve ever struggled with label design software you will be amazed at how easy it can be. Just enter a title and any other data and then select one of the pre-designed themes. Your data is entered in the theme automatically and youΓÇÖre ready to print. You can also design your own labels from scratch, but you donΓÇÖt have to if you donΓÇÖt want to.
* Point-and-click label design
* Ready-to-use themes ΓÇô just enter your title data
* Import track data from your disc
* Design and create:
o Disc labels
o Covers for jewel cases, slim cases, DVD and Blu-ray cases
* Add your own backgrounds, text objects, images and data tables
* Fast alignment and editing tools for images and text
New animated DVD slideshows
You can now turn your photos into impressive DVD slideshows with animated graphical menus. Just select your photos, select background music tracks and a theme and burn, thatΓÇÖs all there is to it. The program comes with a set of professional themes and you can download more from the Ashampoo website.
YouΓÇÖll be amazed at the impression youΓÇÖll make when your friends and family view your photos on their TV with high-quality animated menus, smooth transitions, zoom effects and multiple background music tracks! All they have to do is insert the DVD and press Play.
* Animated graphical menus, many styles available
* Download more themes from Ashampoo
* Put multiple slideshows on a single DVD
* Combine slideshows and videos on a single DVD
* Add your own background music with multiple tracks
* Lots of cool transitions and Ken Burns zoom effect
* Live previews with sound and navigation
Other new features
* QuickTime?« support
You can now also use Apple QuickTime?« video files as sources for your video discs.
* DVD preview with sound
You can now preview your DVD movies with sound before burning them.
* Improved performance and compatibility
The whole program has been further optimized for faster and smoother performance and enhanced compatibility.
Standard features and functions
In addition to the new functions Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 also delivers everything else you could want from an all-round CD, DVD and Blu-ray burning suite. All functions are available for CD, DVD and Blu-ray.
* Burn and update data discs
Burn data to discs and update previously burned discs by adding and removing files and folders.
* Back up your data to single or multiple discs
Back up your valuable data to one or more discs. Single backups can span multiple discs. Restore your backups in a single easy operation.
* Rip and burn music
Rip music from CDs and burn music to audio CDs and MP3 discs on CD, DVD and Blu-ray in a variety of formats.
* Burn movies and photos to DVDs and data discs
In addition to the new slideshow DVDs you can author and burn video DVDs, Video CDs (VCD), Super Video CDs (SVCD) and data video discs. Video files are automatically converted to the necessary formats.
* Copy CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs
Just insert a disc, select Copy and youΓÇÖre ready to burn.
* Create and burn disc images
You can both create and burn ISO, CUE/BIN and AshampooΓÇÖs own special ASHDISC image formats.
* Erase rewriteable discs
Quick and easy erase functions for reusing rewriteable discs.
* Expert burn functions for full control
Burning experts can create modified copies of existing discs (read in data structure and make changes and additions) and burn discs of all kinds with full control of all main configuration options.
Choose Format. Select Files. Burn Disc.
Since its initial release, Ashampoo Burning Studio has changed the way CD/DVD/Blu-ray burning software works. Instead of spending frustrating hours learning how to use hundreds of complicated functions you just select a task ΓÇô for example ΓÇ£Burn FilesΓÇ¥, ΓÇ£Backup FilesΓÇ¥ or ΓÇ£Burn MoviesΓÇ¥ ΓÇô and then the program guides you through all the necessary steps. You just choose your format, select your files and burn your disc. It really is that easy, but easy doesnΓÇÖt mean you get less functionality: Advanced burning functions are also available for experienced users who want to choose specific file systems or use special boot images.
New functions and improvements in version 7
Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 keeps the power and simplicity that made version 6 such a runaway success and adds several major new functions, including DVD video burning, modified copies and bootable discs. These are all functions that users of previous versions have asked for and they make a great program even better.
Turning your video files into DVDs that you can play on any DVD player has never been this easy. You just select the files you want to include on the disc, select your navigation menu format and burn. All common video formats are supported (WMV, AVI, MPEG, ASF etc.), the program converts them automatically.
Building DVD menus is usually complicated and hard work. In Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 you just select your menu style and the program does all the work, generating the menus and navigation elements automatically. You can choose from several cool animated and static menu styles and preview everything before burning your disc. You can also burn standard DVD files (VIDEO_TS folders containing .VOB, .IFO and .BUP files) ΓÇô for example for making backups of existing DVDs or for burning DVD files generated with a different authoring program. Have you ever wished you could pack more video onto a single DVD? Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 allows you to create DVDs with much more than the standard 120 minutes of video ΓÇô just add all the files you need, the program automatically adjusts the compression and encoding quality to make it fit.
Modified Copies and Bootable Discs
Now you can include additional files in a copied disc without re-building the entire disc. The unique new Modified Copy function allows you to select additional files and folders that will be inserted into the copy on the fly when you burn the disc. You can also make modified copies of bootable discs. This makes it much easier to create updated versions of bootable installation discs because you donΓÇÖt have to go through all the steps of building the disc ΓÇô everything you need, including the boot image, is already there. The Modified Copy function supports CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
New Functions for Experienced Users
Experienced users can now also build their own bootable discs by importing a boot image. In addition to this you can also choose the file system you want to use for data discs and generate it directly. Supported file system options include ISO 9660 levels 1 and 2, ISO 9660 Windows (Romeo), Joliet and UDF (1.02, 1.5, 2.50, 2.60).
Backup and Restore
Several key improvements have been added to the file backup and restore functions. You can now specify the exact size of the individual backup files for multi-file backups ΓÇô for example if you want to store the backup files on a hard disk instead of burning them directly. (When you burn to CD, DVD or Blu-ray you can still split files automatically to fit on each disc.) When you restore files from backups you can now choose the individual files and folders you want to restore instead of just restoring everything.
Audio CD Ripping
The audio ripping function now also includes an integrated, MP3 encoder so that you can rip directly to MP3 as well as to WMA or lossless WAV. Album and track names are automatically retrieved from the Internet database on the fly when you insert an audio CD.
Features at a glance
* Video: Burn Video DVDs directly from almost any video files
* Modified and Bootable Copies: Add additional files while copying discs, make modified copies of bootable discs
* MP3 Ripping: Rip audio CDs directly to MP3 as well as WMA or WAV
* Backup and Restore: Choose archive size, restore individual files
* Expert Functions: Create bootable discs from boot images, choose file system settings
* Burn files and folders to CD/DVD/Blu-ray and add files and folders to existing discs
* Multi-disc file backup and restore on CD/DVD/Blu-ray with compression and password protection
* Create VideoCDs and Super VideoCDs
* Rip music from audio CDs to MP3, WMA and WAV files
* Create audio CDs from WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA and Ogg Vorbis files
* Create MP3 or WMA CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs or just copy music to CD, DVD or Blu-ray
* Copy CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs
* Create and burn disc images for CD, DVD and Blu-ray
* Quickly erase any rewritable media
* Store disc images larger than 2GB on FAT32 file systems
* Interactive troubleshooting assistant for solving hardware and media problems
* Save project files so that you can burn the same discs again later
* Integrated support for over 1,700 CD, DVD and Blu-ray burners
* ... and much more!