Artist....: The Bradshaws
Title.....: Volume 08 - In Their Own Dolly Tub
The Bradshaws is a fictional family created and voiced by the comedian and musician Buzz Hawkins.
The family was created for The Gary Davies Show with Gary Davies on Piccadilly Radio in 1983 when Hawkins wrote a poem about a family's day trip to Blackpool, this soon developed into a series. In 1986, Hawkins was made producer of The Phil Wood Show, on which he performed more Bradshaws material.
1. Early Birds
* The darkest hour is just before dawn. Especially when people nick your toast and tea before you go to work!
2. Horse Sense
* Waste not, want not. That's the motto as Alf wanders through the house with a prezzie from the ragbone man's horse.
3. Being A Darer
* Audrey gets no thanks from grandad after taking his dinner round, and then gets touchy as Alf winds her up.
4. All Mod Cons
* Billy gets a dinky car from mam and there's a prezzie for Alf too - a special ashtray.
5. Wet Keks & Aniseed Balls
* Fun and games with massive knickers and huge underpants as the clothes rack falls on Audrey's head.
* Alf may well struggle to carry home a big bag of spuds, but he's still in trouble for treading on Billy's dinky car.
7. A Round Meal
* Billy gets a pat on the back from dad as he depth charges his submarine in the sink - and swallows a marble!
8. Just Passing Through
* It's going to take a few doses of castor oil to shift the marble and Alf won't be watching out for it.
9. Toy Fighting
* Billy's being quiet for a change and it makes Alf nervous. He picks at him until it ends up in a fight.
10. After The Fire
* It's the morning after bonfire night and Billy and his pals have been poking through the ashes for treasure.
11. Wrap Up
* It's a thrill for Billy to be going to the match with his dad, and Audrey wants to make sure he's dressed up warm.
12. The Last Straw
* Well, it had to happen. Alf has pushed Audrey too far and she's leaving, taking Billy with her. Well nearly.