CALL AND WRITE YOUR SENATORS AND MEMBER OF CONGRESS AND LET THEM KNOW YOU DON’T WANT THE PUBLIC OPTION REMOVED FROM HEALTH CARE REFORM! FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE HERE!!!
• Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI) calls in at 6:05am Pacific to talk about health care reform.
• Rep. Frank Pallone (D-NJ) calls in at 8:30am Pacific to talk about health care reform.
• House Dem leaders conceded yesterday that concerns raised by fiscally Conservative Blue Dog Democrats will prevent the chamber from voting on a health care reform bill before the August recess begins at the end of the week.
• A senior administration official said Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Sgt. James Crowley of the Cambridge, MA Police Department will be visiting the White House on Thursday. The meeting among the three men will take place at 6pm.
• Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, announced yesterday that he will not vote to confirm Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court. The committee is expected to vote today on Sotomayor’s confirmation.
• Michael Jackson’s personal doctor administered the powerful anesthetic Propofol to help him sleep, and authorities believe the drug is what killed the pop singer, a law enforcement official told the AP yesterday. On June 25, the day Jackson died, Dr. Conrad Murray gave him the drug sometime after midnight, the official said.