• Rob Kar, Professor of Law and Philosophy at the University of Illinois, calls in at 6:05am Pacific to talk about his experiences clerking for Judge Sotomayor in 1998-99, and his impressions of being at her hearing yesterday.
• Comedian Michael Ian Black calls in at 6:30am Pacific to talk about his new Comedy Central show, “Michael & Michael Have Issues.”
wolffe• Veteran political reporter Richard Wolffe calls in at 7:05am Pacific to talk about his new book, “Renegade: The Making of a President,” and about the news of the day.
vanhollen• Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) calls in at 7:30am Pacific to talk about health care reform.
• Sonia Sotomayor faced tough questioning yesterday on political issues and controversial statements from her past, with both Dems and GOPers saying she responded well and appeared certain to win confirmation as the nation’s first Hispanic Supreme Court justice.
• House Dems unveiled their revised version of health care reform yesterday, offering a proposal that includes a government-funded health insurance option, required both individuals and employers to participate, and taxes the wealthy to help cover costs.
• A passenger plane carrying 168 people crashed this morning in northwest Iran, and all on board were feared dead. 153 passengers and 15 crewmembers were on the Caspian Airlines jet.