Hey everyone, if you didn't notice, AMAZON is selling the G1 ("The Google Phone") for a pretty sweet price. For one hundred dollars and a two year contract with T-Mobile, you could be the owner of an Android phone! This is me re-unboxing the phone and showing a quick preview of it.
* Google Android OS-powered smartphone in black with slide-out keyboard--compatible with T-Mobile's 3G network (available in select markets)
* Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for handsfree calls; 3-megapixel still camera; MicroSD expansion; push email from Google Gmail plus instant messaging services
* T-Mobile's MyFaves service provides unlimited calling to your five most called contacts; access to Android Market for downloading applications
* Up to 5 hours of talk time, up to 130 hours (5.4 days) of standby time
* Includes: handset, battery, charger, 1 GB MicroSD card, USB cable, wired stereo handsfree headset, user manual
The long-awaited T-Mobile G1 smartphone combines full touchscreen functionality and a QWERTY keyboard with a mobile Web experience that includes many Google tools you've come to rely on with your PC, including Google Maps Street View Gmail, and one-touch Google search. It's also the first phone to be powered by Google's new open-source Android operating system, which offers an intuitive interface easily customizable home screen. You can also purchase optional software via the Android Market to personalize your G1 with a variety of software applications like games, social networking, and on-the-go shopping.