The only authorized Companion Guide for the Cisco Networking Academy Program
The Network Security 1 and 2 Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to be used with version 2.0 of the Cisco® Networking Academy® Program curriculum. The author reinforces the material in the two courses to help you to focus on important concepts and to organize your study time for exams. This book covers the overall security process based on security policy design and management, with an emphasis on security technologies, products, and solutions. The book also focuses on security appliance and secure router design, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
The first section of this book covers authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) implementation using routers and security appliances and securing the network at both Layer 2 and Layer 3 of the OSI reference model. The second section of this book covers intrusion prevention system (IPS) implementation using routers and security appliances and virtual private network (VPN) implementation using routers and security appliances.
New and improved features help you study and succeed in this course:
* Chapter objectives—Review core concepts by answering the questions at the beginning of each chapter.
* Key terms—Note the networking vocabulary to be introduced and refer to the highlighted terms in context in that chapter.
* Scenarios and setup sequences—Visualize real-life situations with details about the problem and the solution.
* Chapter Summaries—Review a synopsis of the chapter as a study aid.
* Glossary—Consult the all-new glossary with more than 85 terms.
* Check Your Understanding questions and answer key—Evaluate your readiness to move to the next chapter with the updated end-of-chapter questions. The answer appendix explains each answer.
* Lab References—Stop when you see this icon and perform the related labs in the online curriculum.
The CD-ROM includes:
* Interactive Media Elements—More than 95 activities that visually demonstrate some of the topics in the course
* Additional Resources—Command reference and materials to enhance your experience with the curriculum
to download: login to http://www.bttrove.org or use the passkey