All the Tools You Need in One Interface:
• See what's inside an executable
• Customize GUI elements of your favorite Windows programs
• Track down what a program accesses and which DLLs are called
• Understand the way a program works and interacts
• Validate the identity of the software publisher
• Special support for Delphi applications
• Open UPX-, Upack- and NsPack-compressed files seamlessly in
• PE Explorer, without long workarounds
Not only is our feature list impressive, PE Explorer has many different uses and substantially improves software quality and increase productivity for Windows developers.
• exe, dll, sys, drv, win32 All details about the binary are collected without executing the file.
• Automatically unpacks and decompresses files packed with UPX, NSPack or WinUpack.
• You can work with damaged files (e.g. compressed files). If opening a file produces an error, PE Explorer opens that file in Safe mode.
• Visual Resource Viewer and Editor is one of the most convenient, safe and easy-to-use resource editors available for Windows.
• Exported/Imported Function List Viewers provide you with the information on entry points, numbers, names, and calling syntax of exported and imported functions.
• Quick Function Syntax Lookup displays the calling syntax for the found functions. [FAQ: How do I get parameters on function exports?]
• Digital Signature Viewer lets you view a certificate-based digital signature of an executable file, validate the identity of the software publisher, and verify that the signature is valid and has been applied properly.
• Peeks inside Delphi applications and edit the properties of controls on Delphi forms within the file.
Makes it easy to diagnose file problems, analyze, repair and restore the damaged section headers settings of PE files, examine PE file headers and correct checksums, repair damaged resources.
• Application Manifest Wizard helps your legacy applications take advantage of the new common control styles and appearances featured in Windows XP and Vista, and mark them with a requested execution level on Vista.
POWER CODER TOOLS
• PE Explorer Disassembler reconstructs the assembly language source code of target files. The output of strings found in the binary gives you a good knowledge of what some of the functions and subroutines called by this binary are.
• Dependency Scanner helps you learn the minimum set of DLL files required for the EXE file to load and run.
• Automatic unmangling of C++ external entity names and exported symbols back to human-readable names.
• Strips the various types of information (Debug Information and Relocations) stored in the file.
• TimeDate Stamp Adjuster modifies all the TimeDate Stamps to one uniform value.
With those features, you have plenty of reasons to want to include PE Explorer in your toolbox.
1.99 R4 (07/28/2008)
+ Added the option to save the Headers Info, Data Directories
and Section Headers View to a text file.
* Improved opening of huge files (of 1 Gb or larger).
* Bugfix: PE Explorer reported negative values for the total
physical memory under Vista SP1.
* Minor tweaks.
* Bugfix: Fixed an error that occasionally occurred when