1. (00:04:28) Cry Of Love - Empty Castle
2. (00:04:45) Cry Of Love - Hung Out To Dry
3. (00:03:27) Cry Of Love - Sugarcane
4. (00:05:24) Cry Of Love - Fire In The Dry Grass
5. (00:04:27) Cry Of Love - Georgia Pine
6. (00:04:28) Cry Of Love - Warm River Pearl
7. (00:04:25) Cry Of Love - Sweet Mary's Gone
8. (00:03:17) Cry Of Love - Revelation (Rattlesnakes & Queens)
9. (00:05:23) Cry Of Love - Bring Me My Burden
10. (00:07:09) Cry Of Love - Sunday Morning Flood
11. (00:03:57) Cry Of Love - Diamond & Debris
12. (00:01:20) Cry Of Love - Hung Out Redux
13. (00:04:06) Cry Of Love - Garden Of Memories
Playing Time.........: 00:56:35
Total Size...........: 77.97 MB
NFO generated on.....: 8/19/2008 9:42:38 PM
Cry Of Love was a great 90's band that would have fit in perfectly with the
70's music scene. The band played bluesy hard rock, which wasn't to far
removed from that of Bad Company and Free, and made some waves with
their debut before fading into obscurity.
Cry Of Love was formed in Raleigh, North Carolina by Kelly Holland (vocals),
Audley Freed (guitar), Robert Kearns (bass) and Jason Patterson (drums).
Freed's wonderful guitar playing and the surprise rock radio success of singles
"Bad Thing", "Peace Pipe" and "Too Cold In The Winter" made the debut
album a surprise success in an era where grunge and Black Sabbath type riffs
reigned supreme. The group embarked on a lengthy year and a half long tour
supporting acts such as Bad Company, Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top before
things took a surprising twist.
In late 1994 Holland announced he was departing the band, leaving the
remaining members to search for a new front man. The new vocalist would be
one-time Lynch Mob singer Robert Mason, who would appear on the
follow-up Diamonds & Debris, another superb effort. But by the time of the
albums release, some four years after the debut, the music world had
already forgotten about Cry Of Love, and the album sank without a trace.
Shortly after it's release the band called it a day.
After the break-up Freed joined another similar sounding band in 1999, the
Black Crowes, and later toured with Aerosmith's Joe Perry. Mason returned
to Lynch Mob before recording with Big Cock. Kearns hooked up with country
artist Chris Cagle while Patterson showed up in Corrosion Of Conformity and
Holland resurfaced as the singer/drummer in a covers band named Crush. Cry
Of Love was an excellent band that came upon the music scene two decades