aSmartHUD+ is simple and clear vehicle digital dashboard featured by
- HUD mode
- SHORT-TERM WEATHER FORECAST
- EDITABLE FIXED SPEED CAMERAS DATABASE
- EDITABLE RED LIGHT CAMERAS DATABASE for USA, Canada and Australia.
It visualizies your
- current speed
- average speed,
- weather forecast for nearest 48 hours the with 3-hour time interval,
- maximum reached speed (during the current trip or all your trips), maximum altitude and maximum distance to the starting point of your trip.
The fixed cameras database includes an information about speed cameras in
- Europe (whole EU)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
You can edit the speed cameras database by adding or removing cameras. Also you can change the camera speed limit.
- color coded distance to the nearest known fixed speed camera;
- it's speed limit (if known);
- it's position, relatively to your moving direction, what gives you an idea is the camera in front or behind you;
On approach aSmartHUD+ will give you sound and visual warning. Warning also will be given in case your speed exceeds the speed limit set for that camera.
NOTE: It's not guaranteed all speed cameras in your area are included into the database. However, we will release database updates right after the new information will become available.
Tapping the "HUD" icon mirrors all the text, so if you position the iPhone horizontally under your car's windscreen you can see perfectly readable half-transparent reflection of the picture displayed. We found it much more convenient compared to traditional car dashboards. NOTE: this mode works pretty well at night time and twilight, but on direct sunlight the screen brightness can be insufficient.
- "aSmart HUD+" can keep track on 4 speed limits, giving a warning (sound and visual) each time you crossing it. Normally, it's legal speed limits within cities, local roads and high-speed motorways. "Never exceed speed" is the speed you should not exceed under any conditions. For example, it can be a technical limit of your vehicle or the point where government can arrest your driving license.
- "Camera" icon on the "compass" circle indicates the position of the nearest camera;
- Speed history log chart is placed on the bottom of the screen.
- Landscape and Portrait screen layouts supported.
- Three different compass styles.
- Location Info (longitude and latitude, GPS measurement precision) and some more data is available on separate screen. You can adjust transparency of the "Location Info" screen to use both views at the same time.
- "Records" screen (left upper button on the Location Info screen), where you can see your maximum reached speed (during the current trip or all of your trips), maximum altitude and maximum distance from start.
- Tap the speed indicator to switch into speed fullscreen mode.
- In Preferences, you can specify different measurement units (miles per hour, kilometers per hour, knots and meters per second), display color scheme, speed log chart refresh rate and chart style (bars or dots).
IMPORTANT: for more screenshots and details visit the http://atoll-ordenadores.com website.
- The program is running only on GPS-enabled iPhones 3G (second generation or higher) with iPhone OS 3.0 or higher. No iPod Touch, 1st-generation iPhones 2G or minor OS versions supported.
- The precision is affected by the satellite signal quality. On open-sky spaces it's pretty good, but under other conditions can noticeably decrease. If unsure, use the program only for reference, don't rely on it for 100%.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions about additional functionality! Please forward your requests or bug reports to [email protected] New in this version
- Urgent fix: iPod.app doesn't get stopped, if playing music in background. You can enjoy your music and HUD at the same time!
- Two new sound options added: "Beep" - just another sound to mark the speed limits and "Morse", when "aSmart HUD" beeps morse-code for "ONE" when you crossing the first speed limit, "TWO" for second, and "THREE" for third. The startup sound is morse-coded word "HELLO".
- "Records" screen (left upper button of the Location Info), where you can see your maximum reached speed (during the current trip or all your trips), maximum altitude and maximum distance from start.
- Added switch between 12/24 hours time display (available on Units tab in Preferences);
- More customization: possibility to select different color of the "compass circle";
- New speed history chart style - "Limit Bars". The color of the bar depends on the speed limit you are driving within. Green, if below first speed limit (city), yellow if below second (public roads), etc.
- You can switch off speed cameras detection by tapping on "nearest camera" info. Indeed, if you are too far from it, it's better to use the screen space for something more useful. Currently, it's direct distance to the starting point of your trip.
- Portrait screen mode;
- Speed camera limit units switch (use mph, if you are in UK);
- Small direction indicator in fullscreen mode;
- Tap the time to switch on trip time display;
- Added short-term weather forecast;
- Added an option to lock the Landscape or Portrait screen mode;
- Additional (power cord - right) landscape mode;
- Possibility to add, remove and change cameras speed limit.
To get acess to database editing screen tap the "pencil" icon on the "nearest camera" distance indicator. Note, when the GPS satellite signal has low precision the icon is dimmed, and mode is not available.
To store the speed limit change tap the button where the speed limit value is displayed. Languages
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (2nd generation)
Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later