This documentary by Greg Grainger reflects life in South Korea, once known as the Hermit Kingdom and now embracing the West as reunification with North Korea becomes increasingly likely. Traditions such as the colourful Farmers dance are examined as is the modern work ethic, with its western pleasures: Lotte World. Visit the island of Chejdo, travel in the autumn beauty of the countryside with its Royal Tombs and Buddhist temples and see Expo '93 with its futuristic creations.
* The women divers of Chejdo: Thousands of women - all clad in black diving suits - spend hours every day diving for seafood.
* The honeymoon island: Dressed in highly decorative costumes, couples from all over Korea fly into this island for a traditional wedding ceremony and honeymoon.
* Echo Mountain: Hundreds of Koreans yelling at the top of their lungs from the top of a mountain.
* Modern Technology: The world's most futuristic Expo, with thrilling simulated trips into space. The daunting technology of the Hyundai assembly line. The gigantic covered theme park Lotte World.
* Traditional village life: The golden beauty of the Korean countryside in autumn. Rice being cut and rake-dried on bitumen roads, potters' villages, the Royal Tombs and Buddhist temples. Spectacular Farmers dances. The rare Asian tiger.
* Seoul: The breathtaking former royal residence KYONGBOK PALACE.
* Taekwondo: Hundreds of white-coated youngsters practice this ancient martial art.
* Re-unification: Visit a border station overlooking the alienated North and share the deep emotion of South Koreans yearning for re-unification.
Video Codec: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate: 2294 Kbps
Video Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Video Resolution: 656 x 496
Audio Codec: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio BitRate: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Audio Channels: 2 Ch
RunTime: 42mn 31s
Framerate: 25 FPS
Number Of Parts: 1
Part Size: 700 MB
Encoded by: gavin63
Subtitles: No TV Cap