This programme documents a trip on motorbikes along the length of the Indian Himalaya. Producer/presenter Greg Grainger joins Indian motorcycle expedition leader Mike Ferris in the settlement of Gangotri, the source of the holy river Ganges then up into Ladahk - Little Tibet, and its capital Leh, then across the world’s highest road into Kashmir and the house-boat studded lakes of Srinagar..
* The inspirational snow-clad peaks of the Himalaya.
* Holy men and pilgrims in ceremonial immersions in the Ganges.
* The highest and roughest road in the world, to the Kadung La.
* Traveling through frequent landslides and crossing flooded roads.
* India’s vibrant culture, including the grass ladies, the field workers and the children.
* Sunset ceremony in the holy pilgrimage town of Rishikesh, where the Beatles came to meet their guru.
* The hitch-hikers: grass ladies, school girls, guitar-playing holy men.
* The lush Kullu Valley.
* Manali: Buddhist temple and ceremony, 5-thousand year old Hindu temple.
* Tibetan tea tent at the Barralachala Pass, our first 4,800 metre pass.
* Ladahk: high mountains, arid and eerily beautiful.
* A community of Tibetan nomads, literally living straight off the backs of their sheep.
* Historic Tibetan monasteries, including the thousand years old Thikse monastery, one of the finest examples of Tibetan buddhism in Ladakh.
* Leh: Tibetan traders with weathered faces from another era, line its ancient streets.
* The Ladahk Festival: procession of cultural troupes, dozens of diverse and different tribes, plus yak herders from Tibet, and a display of ancient archery.
* The highly sacred Mount Kailas, in Tibet and the annual Wesac ceremony.
Numerous rituals are enacted, all to placate the gods.
* The stunning Kashmir Valley and its houseboat-studded capital of Srinagar.
Video Codec: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate: 2129 KB/s
Video Aspect Ratio: 1.45:1
Video Resolution: 720 x 496
Audio Codec: FAST Multimedia AG DVM (Dolby AC3)
Audio BitRate: 192 KB/s (CBR)
Audio Channels: 2 Ch
Framerate: 25 FPS
Number Of Parts: 1
Part Size: 744 MB
Ripped by gavin63
Subtitles: No TV Cap