The Gold Rush 21 DVD set records the GATA conference held in Dawson City, Yukon Canada on August 7-9 2005. The conference exposes the manipulation of the gold market by central banks. GATA is the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee and can visited at http://www.gata.org.
The value of gold is kept low to keep the value of the dollar high. Traditionally the value of a currency is measured in gold. Current economic policy (Monetarism) advices to infuse new money into the economy to stimulate economic growth. For the last few years money growth in the US has been over 10 percent, much higher than the growth of the economy (GDP). This does stimulate the economy, but the dollar also looses it's value (inflation). New money (credit) is not given to economic participants but lend to them. By now the American consumer is deep into debt (mortgage) and the US government too (bonds). Total debt in the US is over 40 trillion dollars. Total debt is 330 percent of GDP, in 1929 just before the Great Depression it was 270 percent of GDP. Foreign banks and foreign investors are stuck with trillions of dollars worth of bonds and other investements they cannot be sell, because otherwise the dollar would collapse.
The US goverment needs to borrow over 2 billion dollars per day to make ends meet (deficit). Foreign investors are loosing appetite for the dollar, because it is obvious these loans to America can and will not be paid back (with real money). The US goverment has run up a debt of 8,5 trillion dollars and is effectively bankrupt.
The current financial system is kept from collapsing by massive manipulative intervention by the US goverment, the Federal Reserve and banks, such a J.P. Morgan. Such as manipulation of the gold price. However... they are running out of gold to dump on the market!
The Greater Depression
When the housing market collapses even further in 2007 the US economy will go into recession and investors will sell dollar denominted investments and invest in Asia. Dollars will flood the market that already has too many dollars. In addition, the US goverment will only be able to pay investers that sell US goverment bonds by printing massive amounts of dollars (monetizing the debt). The dollar will go into hyper inflation and become worthless.
US banks will go bankrupt, because of fractional reserve banking. Fractional Reserve banking means that the bank does not actually hold the money of it depositors, but lends it out. If borrowers go bankrupt the banks cannot pay the depositors. The bank is bankrupt and the depositor has lost his savings. Depositor's Insurance (FDIC) will not help, because depositors will be paid with money that has much less value. Banks will topple like domino stones: a systemic banking crisis.
Because rampent credit creation, gold and silver will go up in value. They are the only true money, they cannot be debased. As the very profound and structural problems with the dollar becomes more apparent to people, these people will move their wealth into something that is safe: gold and silver. However, there is by far (and I really mean by far!) not enough gold and silver to absorbe all the paper money out there. They value of gold and silver will go astronomical.
What should you do:
* View the Gold Rush 21 presentations.
* Open an account with http://www.goldmoney.com or buy Perth Mint certificates. Do not open account with e-gold, because they are US based.
* Buy bullion gold bars or coins (do not buy numismatic coins).
* Do not sell your gold or silver: buy and hold.
* Do not use a gold or silver ETF: this is not the real stuff and you are only buying a promise. You will get screwed. Empower yourself with real money: gold.
* Open an account with Europacific Capital.
* Read "The Dollar Crisis" by Richard Duncan.
* Read "The coming collapse of The dollar and how to profit from it" by James Turk.
* Read "Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin.
* Don't know anything about economics: view a ten lesson course in economics from the L. von Mises Institute at http://www.mises.org/media.aspx?action=category&ID=89 Completely for free! This is Austrian economics. This is the economics that actually makes you understand the economy, unlike Monetarism.