Use this beefy Windows Explorer substitute to rule your files with an iron fist.
Windows Explorer is the PC equivalent of a library card catalog--it'll help you find what you need, but it won't give you much help with using it. This file manager performs the usual copy, move and delete functions that Windows Explorer does, but it also lets you use those files in ways that usually take another program (or two). For instance, it allows you to search for duplicate files, rename groups of files with a hotkey, and encode files. A packer-and-unpacker feature lets you compress and expand files. The built-in FTP client works from the interface.
Features of Total Commander:
* Two file windows side by side
* Multiple language support
* Enhanced search function
* Compare files / synchronize directories
* Quick View panel with bitmap display
* ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
* Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
* Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
* Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history + favorites buttons
* Both 32 bit and 16 bit versions available!
* Long filenames in Windows 95/98 and Windows NT (16 and 32-bit version)!
* Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
* Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
* Command line for starting of programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
* Configurable button bar and Start menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or
* Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.
* Configurable main menu.
* Built in file viewer (Lister) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either the ASCII
* (DOS) or the ANSI
* (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can now be changed. You can even view files inside archives! New: Support for Unicode UTF-8 format.
* Bitmap viewer in Lister, additional formats through Irfanview (see addons).
* and Unicode-Viewer in Lister.
* Parallel port transfer function (direct cable connection), works between Win95/98/NT/2000/3.1 and DOS!
* Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search