This would be a good sampler of Chomsky's thinking for someone who hasn't encountered him before.
Chomsky at great depth answers a mere five broad topical questions put to him by students from Sussex University in the U.K. in a 60 min video conference recorded on 05/06/07.
1. Was the U.S. government involved in the 9/11 attacks?
2. Do you think there will be an attack on Iran?
3. What will be the impact of climate change on the world economic order?
4. Do you agree with Jimmy Carter's characterization of the Israel/Palestine situation as an apartheid situation?
5. What are the long term effects of a privatized [university] education [in the U.K., referring to the encroachment of neoliberal policies on university education, leading to long-term indebtedness, etc.]?
Live Q&A with Noam Chomsky via videoconference at Sussex University. UK, Chichester Lecture Theatre on 05/06/07
Recorded onto DV Cam tape, transferred to PC & finally re-encoded to XviD & LAME using Avidemux 2.3.0