Outpost Security Suite - a robust combination of award-winning firewall, fast and effective anti-malware, personalized antispam and proactive Host Protection module to defend against the majority of Internet risks. Includes automated configuration service and other user aids.
Outpost Security Suite Pro provides the first line of defense against rogue software by proactively controlling how programs behave and interact on a PC. The Host Protection safeguard, which proactively monitors for and blocks the kinds of sophisticated hacking techniques used to compromise or steal data, means that malicious activity is no longer possible. By analyzing threats and displaying actionable alerts, Host Protection stops zero-day attacks and shields the computer against inappropriate operations, rendering it “defended in advance” against security risks like botnets and inadvertent data disclosure.
Outpost Security Suite Pro:
• Firewall with Advanced Features
• Basic Host Protection
• Advanced Host Protection
• Antivirus with SmartScan Technology
Outpost Security Suite Pro Benefits:
• Acclaimed firewall
Outpost Firewall Pro has been gathering awards for years and is a proven robust barrier against spyware, hackers, bandwidth theft, and information loss, preventing any unauthorized access to your PC.
• ID theft prevention
Outpost Security Suite Pro is constantly on guard against any attempt to steal or otherwise compromise your confidential data, passing every leak test with flying colors.
• Anti-virus and Anti-spyware Agnitum Antimalware Technote
Outpost Security Suite Pro combines the award-winning Outpost anti-spyware engine with VirusBuster’s 100% certified anti-virus engine to deliver all-in-one anti-malware (anti-virus + anti-spyware) protection that’s fast, efficient, and effective against known and unknown threats.
• Bullet-proof defense
Outpost Security Suite Pro uses specialized techniques to ensure that its own protection cannot be disabled by targeted malware that’s designed to do just that.
• Personalized anti-spam
Train the Outpost Security Suite anti-spam engine to recognize what’s spam and what’s valuable to you, so your inbox gets cleaner every time you open your email.
• Power without complexity
Whether you’re a security novice or expert, Outpost Security Suite Pro is easily configured to meet your needs. Use the built-in help as much (or as little) as you need; automate as much (or as little) as you want); and take advantage of ImproveNet to benefit from the experience of other users. The interface is intuitive and easy to explore and, whatever settings you choose, you’ll have the protection you need.
This latest product delivers a long list of additional threat protections and enhancements for users of Microsoft Vista:
- Protection against potentially harmful websites. Sites with a bad reputation or that harbor suspected malware are automatically blocked.
- Combined anti-malware engine. The anti-malware module combines anti-spyware and anti-virus in the same process to deliver fast, efficient, easy-to-use protection.
- Pre-emptive protection. Behavior monitoring ensures malware and other threats will be stopped before they can activate on the PC. Robust host protection detects and stops unauthorized activity, preventing new attacks and blocking threats at the earliest possible stage.
- Personalized anti-spam. The integral Bayesian anti-spam filter learns what you consider spam and applies automated rules based on that information.
- Robust, flexible self-protection. OSS 2008 detects if any application is attempting to interfere with its own operations and prevents the program from being disabled by malware.
- Usability. The flexible Vista-style interface offers a wealth of options for advanced users to configure, but the out-of-the-box settings provide high levels of automated protection for a range of users, no matter how technically proficient. Three toolbar buttons provide for easier access by less experienced users.
Changes in Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 (build 6.5.2355.316.0597), 1 July 2008:
The following improvements are introduced:
o Blockpost plug-in functionality (ability to restrict traffic from specified IPs)
o New SmartScan2 technology (storage of status cache files information in a single file, considerable performance improvement)
o Keyloggers' control by Host Protection for x86 systems
o Detecting files with NTFS-encrypted content and/or with the System: Deny Full Control privilege
o The ability to scan remote folders is added
o The Bat! support in Anti-Spam
* Ease of use:
o New customizable process tree in Network Activity/Process Activity logs
o Log Viewer improvements (table form, filtering, etc.)
o Main window improvements (protection status, switching between Simple/Expert views)
o Improved settings (redesigned Anti-Leak and Web Control settings dialogs, integrated Application Rules dialog)
o Improved Online Activity logging
o Ability to disable logging completely
o Alerts on rules creation in the Auto-Learn mode
The following issues are resolved (only significant ones are listed):
* Error during installation (code 14001)
* Error during update (code 101)
* Network connections were blocked after installation on the computer with Avast installed
* If installing over a previous version, password from the previous configuration was not accepted
* Issues with blocking GZIP
* Update period was expired with the valid key/in trial mode
* User interface settings inconsistency in compatibility mode
* Entertainment mode settings were not preserved
* Blocked traffic while working with virtual machines
* Issues while detecting malware in a hosts file (file was deleted, possible crash)
* Anti-Spam did not filter e-mail
* Applications located on removable disks sometimes inherited network access rules from other applications
* EVE Monitor data were blocked
* Outpost prevented system restore point creation under Windows Vista
* Several most commonly reported crashes
* More minor issues