Description: KororaaXgl Live CD version 0.2 - demonstrating the new Xgl technology for 3Dwindow manipulation and other unusual effects. We have hacked ourKororaa Installer to work with this Xgl Live CD, so easy installationis now possible!This version also sports both Radeon and Intel DRI support (as well asnVidia and ATI fglrx), KDE 3.5.2, updated Gnome 2.14, Arch-CK 2.6.16Kernel, SCSI support and more!* Minimum recommended configuration is Pentium 3 with NVIDIA GeForcevideo card."
* Username is "kororaa", password is "xgl". To become root run "sudo su -"
* Version 0.2 IS an installable version of Kororaa, as well as a Live CD.
* Supported drivers are "nvidia" (nVidia Geforce3 and higher); "fglrx"(ATI r350, r300, r250 and r200; Intel Video via DRI (tested on my i865chipset, not sure about others); and ATI Radeon via DRI (works well onmy 64Mb Radeon 7000).
* A list of cards that are supposed to work with Xgl can be found here (please note this may be different to what Kororaa Xgl Live CD supports).
For a list of which cards are supported by their drivers, please see nVidia's here and ATI's here.
* Minimum recommended configuration is system with 384MB RAM, Pentium3 with nVidia Geforce video card.
This livecd requires a CPU with SSE instruction support, and >256Mb RAM.
(i.e. P3 or later, if Celeron then need coppermine core. AMD usersprobably need Athlon XP CPUs, but run "cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep sse" tocheck anyway).
Some enhancements of this new Kororaa XGL LiveCD include:
- ArchCK 2.6.16 kernel
- ATI Drivers updated (8.23.7)
- Gnome 2.14 updated
- Installation now possible
- Intel DRI support
- KDE 3.5.2 included
- "No X" boot level
- Radeon DRI support
- SCSI / USB storage support
- Swap activation
- Switch to vesafb-tng
- Video and sound files included
- Wireless support (ipw2x, madwifi, ndiswrapper)
*Fixed Console switching
*Fixed Super key