This Virtual Appliance is intended to showcase KnoppMyth/MythTV to new users, and to serve as a testing environment for experienced KnoppMyth/MythTV users. The Appliance was built using KnoppMyth R5F1 (1), which utilizes MythTV .20.20060828-04. (2)
The KnoppMyth Auto Install was used with the following changes applied
1. Account used during install id-install password-mythtv
2. root password - mythtv
3. /myth LVM group, 3 partitions included in LVM(/dev/hda3, /dev/hdb1, /dev/hdc1). Used the default KM create_lvm.sh script during initial install.
4. rrd installed (not monitoring temp or fan speeds)
5. enabled bootsplash
6. MythWeb id-mythtv password-mythtv
7. Fake loopback video TV tuner added. (can record)
8. Fake program data populated into database.
9. Populated media in MythGallery, MythMusic, (3) and MythVideo (4)
10. Added some folder art for MythVideo
11. Configured samba to start at boot (id-mythtv, password-mythtv)
12. Configured NFS to start at boot (id-mythtv, password-mythtv)
13. Configured Webmin to start at boot (id-root, password-mythtv)
14. Changed MythMusic setting to show song ratings and change visualization on song change.
Do NOT enable OpenGL paint engine, vmware video driver cannot handle it. If accidentally enabled OpenGL then launch mythfrontend like this to fix.
start mythfrontend with "-O ThemePainter=qt"
(1) KnoppMyth www.mysettopbox.tv
(2) MythTV www.mythtv.org
(3) Music media thanks to the artists of http://www.podsafeaudio.com/
(4) Video media thanks to Justin Hornsby http://www.juski.co.uk/
Created: Jul 21, 2007
Operating system: KnoppMyth R5F1
MythTV - .20.20060828-04
VMware Tools installed: No
Size: 890.30 MB
Username: install or root