* * * Sarah Leslie is still bereft with guilt about the accidental
* * * drowning of her stepsister while the girl was under her care.
* * * Years after this event, the trauma has left her wary of the role
* * * of motherhood and thus sceptical of love relationships.
* * * Now a high powered publicist, she lands the account that will
* * * make her career. The client, Paul Canmore, is a single parent
* * * raising his only daughter, Lillian. As time goes on they fall in
* * * love and despite her initial misgivings about dating a client,
* * * they eventually marry, placing Sarah in the position of being a
* * * stepmother to Lillian.
* * * Despite a promising start to their mother-daughter relationship,
* * * it soon begins to falter. When the newly married couple decides
* * * to send Lillian away to camp for the summer, the problems begin.
* * * Lillian has an allergy to nuts and goes into anaphylactic shock
* * * one night while eating dinner that Sarah prepared. Paul blames
* * * Sarah for not being careful enough with her preparation. Then a
* * * business secret is leaked to the competition and it appears the
* * * lead comes from Sarah's computer.
* * * Sarah doesn't understand what is happening and it is affecting
* * * both her new marriage and her job as Paul becomes more and more
* * * suspicious of her. One night Sarah is alone with Lillian in a
* * * remote location and Sarah discovers that it has been Lillian all
* * * along who has engineered trouble in an effort to sabotage Sarah.
* * * Now that the plan has failed, the perfect child makes on last
* * * attempt to remove Sarah from her life.