ESET NOD32 Antivirus focuses on proactive detection of malware utilizing advanced heuristics to help protect from unknown threats and generic signatures and genetic technology to help detect unfamiliar mutations of known malware. Computers are most vulnerable to internet threats during the window between the virus outbreak and the signature update. Our ThreatSense® technology minimizes the vulnerability during this window.
Extremely Light System Footprint
The unique build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus has been optimized during the past few years to perfectly match the system environment. ESET engineered a smart solution with the lowest system footprint on the market insuring the fastest startup and smooth performance.
Central Remote Administration
The ESET Remote Administrator and Mirror components make sure that the installation and later administration of ESET NOD32 Antivirus will be absolutely hassle free. A minimal amount of endeavor will be needed to manage the security in the whole network environment therefore cutting valuable time and costs to a minimum,enabling employees to focus on other essentials.
Detailed Feature Overview
Improved CleaningThe antivirus system now intelligently cleans and deletes most of the detected infiltrations without requiring the users’ intervention.
Background Scanning Mode
Computer scanning can be launched on the background without slowing down performance.
Smaller Update Files
Core optimization processes keep the size of update files smaller than in version 2.7. Also the protection of update files against damage has been improved.
Popular E-Mail Client Protection
It is now possible to scan incoming mail not only in MS Outlook but also in Outlook Express and Windows Mail.
Variety of Other Minor Improvements
•&nbdp;Direct access to file system for high speed and throughput.
• Blocking access to infected files
• Optimization for Windows Security Center including Vista.
Enterprise Security Management Features – ESET Remote Administrator
Centralized management of ESET Smart Security workstations and servers, increasing protection effectiveness and reducing corporate security costs
Fast virus infiltration localization and virus cleanup, thanks to advanced monitoring and reporting tools
Remote installation of ESET Smart Security enabling fast comprehensive protection rollout. Support for MSI and custom packages and a diagnose option
Automatic and custom report generation giving you an overview on ESET Smart Security activities and helping you maintain a high level of data integrity in your network utilizing a new report template (ESS scheme)
New Features in ESET Remote Administrator 2.0
• extended client identification (MAC address added)
• security enhancements (encryption possibility for all new server clients)
• performance improvements (compression in communication protocol)
• added forwarding of ThreatSense.Net data via ERA server
• GUI improvements (new graphics, enhanced state coloring, extended filters, resizible dialogs)
• new report template (ESS Scheme)
• server performance monitoring (data, queries)
Internal Server Enhancements
• new replication (replication priority, better multi-level replication)
• new database structure (IDs for large tables)
• new directory structure (application data folder)
• internal security improvements (communication protocol, better exception handling, logging, secure information handling)
Support for Version 2 systems
Still supports NOD32 version 2 products
Processor Architecture i386 (Intel® 80386), amd64 (x86-64)
Operating Systems Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Windows Vista
Memory 37 MB
Download) 16 MB
Disk-Space (Installation) 23 MB