* IntelliGuard protection against computer viruses and related malware threats
PC Tools AntiVirus detects and eradicates viruses and related malware threats that attempt to enter computer systems by means of file transfer through storage media, e-mail, the Internet and other network protocols. Protection is provided by means of on-demand system scanning or real-time (IntelliGuard) detection of threats.
* Smart Updates to keep virus definitions and other feature enhancements up to date
Smart Updates are released frequently, allowing you to protect your system against the latest virus and related malware threats, as well as improvements to PC Tools AntiVirus' functionality. By running Smart Update regularly, you can help keep your system free of new infections.
* Customizable Scan Settings applicable to both PC Tools AntiVirus' on-demand file scan and real-time protection features
Scan settings are easily configurable and apply both to the on-demand scans and IntelliGuard scans (detection in real-time through the IntelliGuard tool). These scan options allow you to customize a range of generic and global settings which affect the overall behavior of PC Tools AntiVirus.
* Ability to quarantine and restore items that have been detected
PC Tools AntiVirus allows you either to remove detected viruses and related malware from your system or to quarantine them into a contained area. The majority of infections that have been quarantined can be restored at a later time. You can customize PC Tools AntiVirus either to remove or to quarantine malware items fixed in a scan.
* Logging of File Scans conducted by PC Tools AntiVirus
All File Scans conducted by PC Tools AntiVirus can be logged, providing a record of when each scan was conducted; the infections that were identified; and when infections were disinfected, quarantined or removed.
* Enhanced architecture providing enhanced infection removal capabilities for limited user accounts
PC Tools AntiVirus' service-based architecture allows user accounts with limited permissions to scan all areas of the operating system to ensure thorough removal of viruses and other related malware threats.
Minimum System Requirements
* Intel Pentium 300 MHz processor (or equivalent) or better
* 256 MB of RAM
* 40 MB of free hard disk space
* Internet Explorer 6 or greater