This is a classically bad, 'Plan 9' level film, so awful it's funny. Made to intentionally ripoff the fame of Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin in their heyday, Sammy Petrillo has a freakish capacity to completely ape Jerry Lewis's every move, mannerism, and voice.
Description: Two goofy entertainers meet a mad scientist on a jungle island.
* Filmed in nine days on a budget of $50,000.
* This is the only known existing filmed record showing Duke Mitchell and Sammy Petrillo doing their act, which was a blatant imitation of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis (Lewis, in fact, later sued Petrillo for copying his act so closely).
* In his research and preparation for playing Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood (1994), Martin Landau watched this film three times stunned, saying that it was so bad "it made the Ed Wood films look like Gone with the Wind (1939)".
* Ramona the chimp was played by 'Cheeta', from the Tarzan movies.
* Released in October 1952, this film attempted to take advantage of the very successful Dean Martin-Jerry Lewis films: My Friend Irma (1949), My Friend Irma Goes West (1950), At War with the Army (1950), That's My Boy (1951), Sailor Beware (1952) and Jumping Jacks (1952)