BBC - Victorian Drama about the women in a village.
* Francesca Annis — Lady Ludlow
* Eileen Atkins — Miss Deborah Jenkyns, Miss Matty\\\'s elder sister
* Claudie Blakley — Martha
* John Bowe — Dr Morgan
* Andrew Buchan — Jem Hearne
* Rosy Byrne - Lizzie Hutton
* Jim Carter — Captain Brown
* Judi Dench — Miss Matilda \\\'Matty\\\' Jenkyns
1. June 1842: A handsome, and eligible, new doctor arrives in the village of Cranford, and saves the broken arm of Jem Hearne, the local carpenter, after a fall from a tree.
2. August 1842: Major Gordon returns to propose to Miss Brown one last time before leaving for India, but she refuses as she feels she cannot leave her father all alone.
3. November 1842: Christmas is celebrated in Cranford and Dr Harrison\\\'s friend Dr. Marshland comes to visit, bringing some interesting stories about the good doctor.
4. April 1843: Miss Matty receives bad news on her investments, but determines not to tell her friends about her financial distress.
5. May 1843: Mr Carter discovers that Lady Ludlow has mortgaged the Hanbury estate to meet her son\\\'s financial demands, even though she may not have the resources to keep up the repayments.