1. (00:04:40) U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
2. (00:03:52) Dixie Chicks - Ready To Run
3. (00:02:54) Martina McBride - I Love You
4. (00:04:33) Hall & Oates - Maneater
5. (00:03:13) Evan & Jaron - From My Head To My Heart
6. (00:04:43) Eric Clapton - Blue Eyes Blue
7. (00:04:04) Hall & Oates - And That's What Hurts
8. (00:04:40) Shawn Colvin - Never Saw Blue Like That
9. (00:03:07) Dixie Chicks - You Can't Hurry Love
10. (00:05:26) Marc Anthony - You Sang To Me
11. (00:04:04) Allure - You're The Only One For Me
12. (00:03:44) Coco Lee - Before I Fall in Love
13. (00:02:00) Billy Joel - Where Were You (On Our Wedding Day)?
14. (00:04:02) Miles Davis - It Never Entered My Mind
Playing Time.........: 00:55:00
Total Size...........: 125.94 MB
The soundtrack to Julia Roberts vehicle RUNAWAY BRIDE is occasionally sappy, sometimes breezily entertaining, and not without moments of wit--in short, an apt reflection of the film itself. The Dixie Chicks are represented twice, once on a Supremes remake, and while we'll stipulate they're every bit as machine-made as the Spice Girls, they also have sass and can really sing. Requisite and welcome classics include U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and Hall and Oates's Motown-esque "Maneater." Martina McBride's "I Love You" is country meets '80s New Wave, proving once again that Carlene Carter was 20 years ahead of her time. There's also a requisite big production R&B ballad (Allures's "You're the Only One For Me"), the requisite stunningly trite Diane Warren song (here done by Eric Clapton, who should have know better), and (perhaps by way of apology) a vintage Miles Davis track ("It Never Entered My Mind.") But the big surprise is from, of all people, Billy Joel, who does an absolutely knockout job with Lloyd Price's funny, heretofore obscure '50s stomper "Where Were You on Our Wedding Day?".
"I Love You" was nominated for the 2000 Grammy Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance. "Ready To Run" was nominated for the 2000 Grammy Award for Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal and for Best Country Song.