Time Fades Away is a 1973 live album by Neil Young, consisting of previously unreleased material.
Long out of print on vinyl, still unavailable on Compact Disc in the early 21st century and widely pirated, the album is considered to be the \"Holy Grail\" of all Neil Young albums.
In an effort to gain wider distribution of what they consider an essential Neil Young recording, fans started a petition in 2005 requesting that the album be officially released. In December of that year, the petition reached 5,000 signatures. As of April 27, 2008, the petition has over 10,523.
1. \"Time Fades Away\" – 5:36
* Recorded at Myriad Oklahoma City
2. \"Journey Through the Past\" – 3:19
* Recorded at Public Hall Cleveland
3. \"Yonder Stands the Sinner\" – 3:17
* Recorded at Coliseum Seattle
4. \"L.A.\" – 3:11
* Recorded at Myriad Oklahoma City
5. \"Love in Mind\" – 1:58
* Recorded at Royce Hall UCLA
6. \"Don\'t Be Denied\" – 5:16
* Recorded at Coliseum Phoenix
7. \"The Bridge\" – 3:05
* Recorded at Memorial Auditorium Sacramento
8. \"Last Dance\" – 8:47
* Recorded at Sports Arena San Diego
Soundtrack-Where the Buffalo Roam
The film was scored by Neil Young, who sings the opening theme, \"Home on the Range\" with just his a cappella voice and harmonica. Variations on \"Home on the Range\" are played by Young on electric guitar as \"Ode to Wild Bill\" and by an orchestra with arrangements by David Blumberg on \"Buffalo Stomp\". Music in the film included rock and R&B songs by Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, The Temptations, the Four Tops and Creedence Clearwater Revival. Additionally, characters played by Bill Murray and Rene Auberjonois sing lyrics from \"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds\".
Because of the high cost of music licensing, most VHS and all DVD releases have retained only the Neil Young score and the Creedence song, \"Keep on Chooglin\'\", with the rest of the music replaced by generic approximations of the original songs. Only the theatrical release and early VHS releases contained the songs found on the soundtrack. The choice of songs for the DVD version was somewhat anachronistic, since it featured 1980s-style songs in a 1960 and 1970s setting.
1. \"Buffalo Stomp\" – performed by Neil Young with the Wild Bill Band of Strings
2. \"Ode to Wild Bill #1\" – written and performed by Neil Young
3. \"All Along the Watchtower\" – written by Bob Dylan; performed by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
4. \"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds\" – written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney; performed by Bill Murray
5. \"Ode to Wild Bill #2 – written and performed by Neil Young
6. \"Papa Was a Rollin\' Stone\" – written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong; performed by The Temptations
7. \"Home, Home on the Range\" – written by Brewster Higley and Daniel Kelley; performed by Neil Young
8. \"Straight Answers\" (dialogue) – performed by Bill Murray
9. \"Highway 61 Revisited\" – written and performed by Bob Dylan
10. \"I Can\'t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)\" – written by Holland-Dozier-Holland; performed by the Four Tops
11. \"Ode to Wild Bill #3\" (plus dialogue) – written and performed by Neil Young
12. \"Keep on Chooglin\'\" – written by John Fogerty; performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival
13. \"Ode to Wild Bill #4\" – written and performed by Neil Young
14. \"Purple Haze\" – written by Jimi Hendrix; performed by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
15. \"Buffalo Stomp Refrain\" – performed by Neil Young with the Wild Bill Band of Strings
Read mode : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Ok guys,i know (and you know, of course...) that Time Fades Away has never been released in cd (and the OST too)...
I don\'t find nothing in the net about this production and this label, if someone have some info,plese send me a pm.
For sure it\'s a bootleg,i think a vinyl rip.
Anyway, in the torrent you\'ll find 2 screen of the sound wave, THIS IS NOT FROM A LOSSY SOURCE,IT\'S 100% LOSSLESS !