ARTIST: McAlmont & Butler
TITLE: The Sound Of McAlmont & Butler
LABEL: Hut Records
GENRE: Britpop / Soul
BITRATE: avg 240 kbps / 4410kHz / Joint Stereo
SIZE: 102 MB
STORE DATE: 1995
01. McAlmont & Butler - Yes (Full Version) (4:53)
02. McAlmont & Butler - What\'s The Excuse This Time? (4:10)
03. McAlmont & Butler - The Right Thing (6:12)
04. McAlmont & Butler - Although (4:18)
05. McAlmont & Butler - Don\'t Call It Soul (3:02)
06. McAlmont & Butler - Disappointment (7:32)
07. McAlmont & Butler - Interval (1:15)
08. McAlmont & Butler - The Debitor (5:11)
09. McAlmont & Butler - How About You (4:10)
10. McAlmont & Butler - Tonight (5:02)
11. McAlmont & Butler - You\'ll Lose A Good Thing (4:21)
12. McAlmont & Butler - You Do (Full Length) (7:28)
13. McAlmont & Butler - Outro (Hidden Track) (1:41)
Bernard Butler (born Bernard Joseph Butler 1 May 1970 in Stamford Hill, East London) is an English musician and record producer. Is a vegetarian.
He first achieved fame in 1992 as the guitarist with Suede, at the time an instant phenomenon in UK pop music. He co-wrote and played guitars on every track until 1994, when he left Suede over personal tensions within the band during the recording of their second album, Dog Man Star.
Butler formed the duo McAlmont and Butler with David McAlmont, a soul singer with a three-octave range. They released two singles, \"Yes\" and \"You Do\", before splitting up acrimoniously. A compilation album, The Sound of McAlmont and Butler, was released after the split. He went on to release two albums under his own name, People Move On and Friends and Lovers, before making up with McAlmont for a second McAlmont and Butler album, Bring it Back, and two singles, \"Falling\" and \"Bring it Back\".
In between his own projects he has played on and produced records by many well known artists such as Aimee Mann, Edwyn Collins, Neneh Cherry, The Manic Street Preachers... Butler and his musical partner David McAlmont, and a number of other musicians have formed the backbone of Duffy\'s band for her debut album entitled Rockferry, the record he also produced.