Extractor: EAC 0.99 prebeta 4
Read Mode: Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache.
Codec: Flac 1.2.1; Level 8
Source: Original CD
Artwork: Full Scans 300dp
This is gives a pretty faithful idea of what a show of Tim Buckleys was like at the Troubadour. Yes, I saw him at least a half a dozen times - I really can't remember the number. This CD showcases many of his staple songs, leading to long vocal virtuoso singing almost with jazz scatting leanings. You can really hear the playfulness he displayed live.
The only thing I miss in this is his earlier simpler presentation. I remember the best shows as just being himself on guitar, Mr. Carter on the Congas and other percussion, and this fabulous vibraphonist. Nope, I dont remember his name. I have yet to hear this vibraphonist on any recording, but I really thought that he was an important element in making the ethereal and almost other-worldly sounds that Tim Buckley spun. The guitar and keyboards are just an approximation, and too frequently overdriven, muddy, and too intrusive.
1. "Strange Feelin'" (Buckley) – 5:40
2. "Venice Mating Call" (Buckley) – 3:27
3. "I Don't Need It to Rain" (Buckley) – 11:06
4. "I Had a Talk With My Woman" (Buckley) – 7:32
5. "Gypsy Woman" (Buckley) – 14:31
6. "Blue Melody" (Buckley) – 5:37
7. "Chase the Blues Away" (Buckley) – 6:19
8. "Driftin'" (Buckley) – 7:56
9. "Nobody Walkin'" (Buckley) – 16:05