The Lost Boys is a 1987 American comedy-horror film about two young Arizonans who move to California and end up fighting a gang of teenage vampires.
Directed by Joel Schumacher, the film stars Jason Patric, Corey Haim, and Kiefer Sutherland, and co-stars Jami Gertz, Corey Feldman, Dianne Wiest, Edward Herrmann, Alex Winter, Jamison Newlander, and Barnard Hughes.
Soundtrack of The Lost Boys (1987) Thomas Newman wrote the film score to be an eerie blend of orchestra and organ arrangement while the music soundtrack contains a number of notable songs and several covers, including "Good Times", a duet between INXS and former Cold Chisel lead singer Jimmy Barnes which reached number 1 on the Australian charts in early 1987. This cover version of a 1960s Australian hit by the Easybeats was originally recorded to promote the Australian Made tour of Australia in early 1987, headlined by INXS and Barnes.
Tim Capello's cover of The Call's "I Still Believe" was featured in the film as well as on the soundtrack. Tim Capello makes a small cameo appearance in the movie playing the song at the Santa Carla boardwalk, with his saxophone and trademark bodybuilder muscles on display.
The soundtrack also features a cover version of The Doors' song "People are Strange" by Echo & the Bunnymen. The song as it featured in the movie is an alternate, shortened version with a slightly different music arrangement. This version has not been released as of yet.
The theme song, "Cry Little Sister", was originally recorded by Gerard McMahon (under his pseudonym of Gerard McMann) for the soundtrack, and later re-released on his self-titled album "G Tom Mac" in 2000. In the sequel of the film the theme song "Cry Little Sister" was covered by a Seattle based rock band "Aiden".
1. "Good Times" by INXS and Jimmy Barnes – 3:49
2. "Lost in the Shadows (The Lost Boys)" by Lou Gramm – 6:17
3. "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" by Roger Daltrey – 6:09 (Elton John/Bernie Taupin)
4. "Laying Down the Law" by INXS and Jimmy Barnes – 4:24
5. "People are Strange" by Echo & The Bunnymen – 3:36
6. "Cry Little Sister (Theme from The Lost Boys)" by Gerard McMann – 4:03
7. "Power Play" by Eddie & the Tide – 3:57
8. "I Still Believe" by Tim Capello – 3:42
9. "Beauty Has Her Way" by Mummy Calls – 3:56
10. "To the Shock of Miss Louise" by Thomas Newman – 1:21