Ballata "Resvellies Vous"
Missa "Resvellies vous"
Missa "Ave regina coelorum"
Maria Silva Maritano (soprano)
Daniela Perlo (soprano)
Anna Traversa (soprano)
Davide Longo (tenor)
Fabrizio Longo (tenor)
Laura Fabris (soprano)
Giuseppe Maletto (tenor)
Fabio Furnari (tenor)
Marco Scavazza (baritone)
Kees Boeke, Giuseppe Maletto - conductors
The performances on this recording are conceived extremely carefully - as one may discover from reading Kees Boeke's thoughtful insert notes. The Missa Resvellies vous is preceded by the ballade upon which it is modelled, and it continues with the approach to instrumentation used in the latter: solo vocal lines underpinned by the extensive use of instruments, to which the fiddles make a particularly distinctive contribution. If the Mass thus sounds like an extended secular composition, this only serves to underline the close inter-relationship between sacred and secular in this context. The other Mass on this disc, the magnificent Ave Regina Colorum, is quite different and accordingly performed in another way. Here the conception is essentially vocal, with instrumental participation. The performers understand exactly the subtlety and complexity of Dufay's counterpoint and really enjoy his melodic writing. If the colours are predominantly pastel, these singers also know how to project power when necessary. In sum, a fundamental contribution to the Dufay discography.
01. Ballata 'Resvellies Vous'
02. Missa 'Resvellies Vous': Kyrie
03. Missa 'Resvellies Vous': Gloria
04. Missa 'Resvellies Vous': Credo
05. Missa 'Resvellies Vous': Sanctus
06. Missa 'Resvellies Vous': Agnus Dei
07. Missa 'Ave Regina Coelorum': Kyrie
08. Missa 'Ave Regina Coelorum': Gloria
09. Missa 'Ave Regina Coelorum': Credo
10. Missa 'Ave Regina Coelorum': Sanctus
11. Missa 'Ave Regina Coelorum': Agnus Dei
Total Time: 71'25
Thanks to stayko (Demonoid)