The "ADigitalMan" Fan Edit of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
"There is still good in him."
Fan editor ADigitalMan was puzzled, as most were, about the writing,
directorial, and editorial decisions George Lucas chose when crafting the
prequels to the Star Wars saga. While Revenge of the Sith was not nearly as
offensive as its two predecessors, there were still writing and editing problems
inherent in the theatrical cut, coupled with the removal of certain scenes that
should have remained in.
Continuing along the path established in his re-edits of Episode I and II,
ADigitalMan wraps the Prequel Trilogy by correcting these offenses and creating
the "final episode" we all wanted to see. Using the elements provided in the
movie itself and in the deleted scenes, and supplementing with audio from a few
different sources, a film has been crafted that finds the good in George Lucas'
elaborate back-story without betraying the overall vision of the filmmaker
responsible for inspiring the imaginations of millions worldwide.
Here is what sets the ADigitalMan edition apart from the official DVD.
* New crawl, once again thanks to the programming genius of Darth Editous. This
takes care of important expository elements that were missing (Tyrannus/Dooku
and Greivous as a cyborg especially)
* Battle droids & Nemoidian captain voices modulated to sound deeper and less
* Death of Shaak-Ti (trimmed to remove redundancy) / Escape through the fuel
cells (trimmed considerably)
* Palpatine refers to Dooku as Lord Tyrannus when he enters the room (as his
mouth movements originally suggest)
* Plot to destroy the Jedi deleted scene (trimmed considerably to remove
* The three Birth of the Rebellion scenes with Padme, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma
* The Emperor tells Mas Amedda to "Leave us" explaining why he just walked out
of the room after Yoda gets zapped.
* Three voiceovers with Qui-Gon Jinn speaking to / with Yoda taken from Liam
Neeson's body of work.
* Yoda's exile to Dagobah scene (incorporating the final Qui Gon moment)
* The lines about "Vulture Droids" and "Buzz Droids" during the Battle of
Coruscant (it was bad exposition). (Obi-Wan's Buzz droid reference after the
safe return of Palpatine remains as it isn't offensive exposition here).
* Artoo slamming into a wall.
* Palpatine's cheesy "yeah!" removed from the fight with Darth Tyrannus.
* Jar Jar's one "Excuse me" line, which was a cheesy out-of-place lift from Ep
* Anakin & Padme's balcony scene
* References to Amidala as a Senator.
* NO FRIGGIN' MIDICHLORIANS (TM)
* Palpatine kvetching about being too weak to fight.
* Anakin second guessing himself about which side to choose and again after
Mace's fate; especially removed the "what have I done?" line that weakens his
fall to the dark side.
* Padme dying from losing the will to live. Vader really did kill her and she
hung on just long enough to deliver the twins.
* Vader's "Noooooo" shortened and breathing effect added.