Edited by Kirk, or "Hal 9000" on the originaltrilogy.com forums.
Film has been trimmed, added to, and reworked to improve overall quality, and help the story function without altering any crucial elements. All in a all, a somewhat conservative Star Wars fan edit.
Here is a partial list of the changes I can remember off the top of my head:
- New opening title crawl (Thanks to Rebel11_38)
- Opening shot now pans down to Coruscant
- Removed Typho's "Friday The 13th" line.
- Removed Jar-Jar's greeting at the elevator.
- Trimmed various bad Anakin dialogue.
- During the speeder chase, removed the shots of alien drivers.
- Removed Anakin's nosedive and flying through power couplings.
- Tightened Anakin's dive for Zam's ship.
- Removed the scene with Yoda in his hoverchair.
- Cut Jar Jar being himself.
- Removed Anakin's tantrum about Obi-Wan.
- Reinstated the droid alalysis deleted scene.
- Reinstated the extended arrival on Naboo, the Hangar Platform, and Padme's Family deleted scenes.
- Clipped Anakin's take on sand.
- Removed the picnic scene.
- Tightened the fireplace scene.
- Added some clips of Anakin's mother from Episode I to the dream sequence.
- Completely removed the asteroid dogfight.
- Removed Owen's strange line "I guess I'm your stepbrother."
- Tightened Shmi's death.
- Totally removed the droid factory sequence, replacing it with the two deleted scenes that were originally supposed to be there.
- Any footage of R2 and 3PO from this point onward is cut. They no longer appear in the battle scenes.
- And a few new surprises and tweaks.
Picture quality is as good as possible for a single-layer DVD, and looks great. (5.1 dolby surround)
Special thanks to Adigitalman, Darth Editous, Niel S., Rebel11_38 for their help and assistance!