Edited by Kirk, or Hal 9000 on the originaltrilogy.com forums.
Film has been trimmed and reworked to improve overall quality, and help the story function without altering any crucial elements. All in a all, a somewhat conservative Star Wars fan edit.
Here is a partial list of the changes I can remember off the top of my head:
- New opening crawl, thanks to Rebel11_38
- Removed lots of Panaka's bad one-liners
- Cut lots of Jar Jar, except where such omission is jarring or draws attention to itself
- Tightended up the transition from Boss Nass's courtroom to the sub sequence, trimming Jar Jar
- Removed most of the Gungun sub sequence, and the redundant Nemodian/Sidious scene in the middle
- Trimmed battle droid's dialogue with Qui-Gon
- Removed the scene of Padme cleaning Artoo with Jar Jar
- Made some minor trims to Anakin and Padme's first meeting, deleting Jar Jar and the pit droid
- Trimmed some of Jake Lloyd's cringe-worthy moments, except when it is jarring
- Heavily trimmed the scene with Anakin working on his podracer, removing the children and Jar Jar's antics
- Reworked the Podrace grid sequence slightly
- Reworked the Podrace sequence, making use of deleted material
- Reinstated the 'Scuffle with Greedo' deleted scene
- Reinstated part of the 'Farewell to Jira' deleted scene
- Removed the Air Taxi scene
- Snipped Palpatine's reference to Amidala as 'recently elected'
- Trimmed and cut as much of Jar Jar's antics during the battle sequence as possible, except when jarring
- Trimmed some of Anakin's cringe-inducing moments during the battle (He still uses Autopilot)
- And a few new surprises
Picture quality is as good as possible for a single-layer DVD, and looks great. (2.0 Stereo sound)
Special thanks to Adigitalman, Darth Editous, Niel S., Rebel11_38 for their help and assistance!