KMPlayer is a korean movie and audio player that supports a wide range of codecs and file formats. It has full VCD/DVD playback functionality.
- Supported Files or Devices
Incomplete/Damaged AVI file (Skip Damaged Frames)
Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with realtime index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order)
HTTP Streaming (ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters)
Directshow playback (avi, mkv, mov, mp4, ogg theora, ogm, rmvb, mpeg1/2, http:// etc including almost every audio formats)
Async File Source(network) filter for memory caching
Compressed Audio Album Support(zip, rar)
Shoutcast (Including NSV), Icecast
DTS Wave, and AC3 files, AAC and OGG parser/decoder, Ape/MPC/Flac/Module etc
Real Engine + Directshow (needs Real Player or Alternative or its decoders)
Supprots surestreamed realmedia files with internal rm splitter(not by external one)
Almost all Real Media files are supported(directshow).
QuickTime Engine + Directshow (needs QuickTime player or Alternative or its decoders)
The formats of tested MOV samples with mp4/mov internal splitter(directshow) : MOV[AVC1+AAC], MOV[CVID+PCM], MOV[SVQ1+ARAW], MOV[SVQ3+QDM2], MOV[SVQ3+MP3], MOV[MP4V+AAC], MOV[CVID+TWOS], MOV[RLE+AAC], MOV[SVQ1+IMA4], MOV[SVQ3+IMA4], MOV[SVQ3+QCLP], MOV[Flash], MOV[MJPEG+PCM], MOV[DVC+PCM], MOV[SVQ1+PCM], MOV[MP4V+ALAC], MOV[MSVC+MP3]
Almost all MP4s are supported(directshow).
Mplayer Engine Support
Winamp Input Plugin(decoder) Support
DVD playback, ratDVD support(needs ratDVD filters)
Audio CD(2000, XP only / Win9x-Support by winamp plugin)
Video CD/SVCD/XCD : CDXA Format (2000, XP only)
VCD Image File (BIN/ISO/IMG/NRG) ; NRG needs mplayer.dll
WDM device support like TV/HDTV/Camera/Cam etc
Various Image files like png, gif etc
- Internal Codec/Filters
MPEG4 (Divx/Xvid : ffmpeg/xvid)
2Ch to Multi Channel expansion
Stream Switcher: Internal Copy/Inplace, Gabest's, Morgan
Media Priority Control to Connect among Directshow, Real, QT, Winamp and Mplayer
Custom Filter Manager
System Filter Manager
Winamp Input Plugins
Winamp DSP Plugins (Can Stack)
Winamp Visual Plugins (Can Stack)
Winamp General Plugins (Media Library etc Support)
KMP Video Plugins by SDK (Can Stack)
DScaler Filter Support (Can Stack)
Changes in KMPlayer 220.127.116.117 (2007-03-11):
- Added an option to remove the bracket display of title.
- Added an extra option to remember the played position for audio files.
- Added an extra function to start playback in 1.5x, 2.0x, and maximized window.
- Added a function to auto load an external audio in preferences > filter control.
- Added a function to load next subtitle file.
- Added a mouse wheel function to go back and forward 1 frame at a time.
- Added an additional mouse wheel control. (Ctrl+Alt, Shift+Alt, Ctrl+Shift Wheel)
- Added a function to disable auto-restore with video playback starting in system tray.
- Changed the method of saving a default playlist (album) resulting in the speedup of loading huge playlists.
- Added a menu to start frame extraction instantly.
- Added an extra option to disable the display of playback time in scroll lock function.
- Added an option to turn off the bottom left message showed a file name up while opening a new file.
- Added a function to adjust video window from outside.
- Added a function of Conditional pan & scan.
- Added an additional condition (extension, fps, resolution) to disable kmp video transform filter.
- Added a conditional resampling to internal audio decoder.
- Renewed the function of "play the next file in folder".
- Integrated the settings of similar/all files in folder.
- Added a function to make a snapshot
- Added a function to go to previous/next chapter/bookmark
- Improved stream switching with KMP splitter
- MPEG4/VC1 in transport stream support in KMP MPEG2 PS/TS spltter.
- Chapter/Track Language support in KMP MPEG4 splitter
- Added many capture formats (ASF, MP4, MOV, PSP, 3GP, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG TS, FLV)
- Added a function to parse LRC lyric file as a subtitle
- Fixed a problem of not closing with some URLs.
- Fixed a bug of occurring an error while closing some files.
- Added a function to display subtitle under video image