Camtasia Studio description
A program that creates videos of on-screen activity from any application
Camtasia Studio is the complete professional solution for recording, editing and sharing high-quality screen video on the Web, CD-ROM and portable media players, including iPod.
Easily record your screen, PowerPoint, multiple audio tracks, and webcam video to create compelling training videos, screencasts, and presentations without ever leaving your desk. With the power of interactive Camtasia Studio videos, you can deliver high-quality content anytime, to even your most remote audience.
Here are some key features of "Camtasia Studio":
• Precision Recording
• Record all or any portion of the screen.
• Record webcam video.
• Record voice narration and system audio.
• Record all elements of a PowerPoint presentation, including slide timing, animations and voice narration.
• Record mouse clicks and keystrokes.
• Record layered windows and application interaction.
• Capture single frames for still image AVI slideshow.
• Step through the recording process with the aid of a Recording Wizard.
• Use TechSmith TSCC Codec to get high-performance video compression for fast and smooth recording.
• Highlight and alter cursor with onscreen visual effects.
• Add multiple-choice quizzes.
• Draw on the screen with pens, highlights using ScreenPad.
• Cycle through ScreenPad tools and layouts with Hotkeys.
• Use Hotkeys to zoom in and out.
• Zoom in on a smaller portion of the window and have the video window follow the cursor.
• Preview audio levels prior to recording narration.
• Record audio input from microphone.
• Use time-lapse recording.
• Add time stamps and text captions to videos.
• Record annotation drawings with ScreenDraw.
• Add text notes while recording.
• Add and change text in ScreenPad shapes.
• Add a watermark
Edit and Enhance
Add, Cut, Splice and Join Clips
• Add video from digital video files, for personal video introductions, in WMV, MPEG and AVI formats.
• Add audio clips (WAV, MP3).
• Add still images (BMP, JPG, GIF).
• Select and cut portions of a video clip or multiple video clips.
• Select a single frame of a video to separate one video file into two.
• Zoom in and out on the timeline to edit with frame-by-frame precision.
• Select a single frame to export as a BMP file.
• Extend the duration of the exported bitmap file or video file to accommodate more lengthy explanation.
• Edit, review, cut and join AVI clips.
• Preview your edits and transitions in real-time.
• Resize and detach the video preview window.
• Chose from 18 new video transitions between clips.
Add, Edit Audio
• Narrate an entire timeline.
• Use microphone to record new narration while viewing video clips.
• Record audio from applications (sound card driver dependent).
• Add a second audio track, including background music or second language tracks for international audiences.
• Record and/or edit audio for a single image (BMP, JPG, GIF).
• Narrate a series of still images to create a slideshow playable in standard media players.
• Trim and attach WAV audio files from video clips.
• Add Flash Hot Spots to simulate applications and add onscreen navigation.
• Provide users with clickable areas to either continue video, jump to another frame or go to a URL.
• Zoom-n-Pan in over time or cut immediately to a focused area of the screen to make full-screen recording playable on the smallest PC and handheld screens.
• Add callouts, annotations and text notes to AVI videos after recording.
• Customize the callout text, font face and size.
• Customize the callout color, shape and location.
• Customize the callout duration and speed of the fade in and out.
• Use timeline bar to choose where and when annotations appear in videos.
• Versatile Publishing Options
• Publish in industry standard formats - Macromedia Flash, AVI, Microsoft Windows Media, RealNetworks RealMedia and QuickTime.
• Production Wizard with Help Me Choose feature.
• Output as animated GIF.
• Export as EXE file with Pack and Show.
• Publish multiple videos at the same time with batch production.
• Save a user-defined publishing profile.
• Select from a list of codecs to match your content.
• Select color depth and frame rate.
• Select audio quality.
• Resize video dimensions with smooth scaling
Web & CD Menus
• Launch MenuMaker and Theater from within Producer.
• Create a Table of Contents for navigation within a video for the Web.
• Create a Theater Web pane for navigation between multiple videos.
• Create a CD-ROM menu (MenuMaker) of your videos and other files, including: Video files, PowerPoint files, Word documents, PDF files, EXE files, Web pages, Submenus
• Customize your CD interface with over 350 custom background graphics from 30 categories.
• Customize the menu's text, alignment and font.
• Create headings for media groupings with static text.
• Use the Wizard to organize and deliver videos.
• Exercise font and color control.
• Save production info in project files.
• Create customized Web menus (Theater) for Flash movies.
• Select a single Flash file or complete directories.
• Order a group of Flash movies for sequential playback.
• Output as HTML.
• Use XML output for custom configuration.
• Apply an auto-sequencing option.
• Make use of the scrolling menu.
• Sort and rename movies.
• Send/post a link to a single video within the Web menu.
Plays Well with Others
• SCORM 1.2 compliance.
• Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Professional users can produce their screen recordings as true streaming Flash files (.FLV).
• Introduce these files into MX 2004 Pro via TechSmith's Components for Flash MX to enhance them with additional interactivity.
• Enables Flash MX users to customize presentation of Flash screen movies.
• Drag the Movie Loader component onto the Flash MX stage to easily reference the Flash movie.
• Create a menu for multiple Flash movies.
• Customize preloading animation.
• Use the Flash playback controls.
• Add a seekbar (aka "scrubber") to your movies for easy navigation.
• Customize the color and placement of playback controls.
• Customize presentation of movie duration and elapsed time.
• Files can be combined as part of a larger Flash MX 2004, Macromedia Breeze and/or Flash Communication Server presentation.
• Videos can also be edited and enhanced in Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Microsoft DirectX 9 or later
• 1.0 GHz processor minimum, Recommended: 2.5 GHz (for PowerPoint and camera recordings)
• 500 MB of RAM minimum, Recommended: 1.0 GB
• 60 MB of hard disk space for program installation
• Camtasia Studio Add-in for PowerPoint requires PowerPoint 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 or later
• Production to Apple iPod format requires QuickTime 7.1 or later
• Optional: Windows-compatible sound card, microphone, and speakers (recommended)
• Optional: USB Web camera
• Camtasia Studio is not designed for use with digital video (DV) cameras.
What's New in This Release:
• Added a production option for Apple's iPod Touch/iPhone devices.
• Added the ability to zoom in/out on the timeline using CTRL + mouse-wheel when editing.
• Added an option for producing to ExpressShow for FLV files.
• Updated the minimum version of QuickTime requirement to be version 7.2.0 or later.
• Modified the workflow of adding and working with Callouts.
• Added an enhanced shading option for callouts.
• Addressed an issue that would cause some users to get a Flash install error when installing the product on Windows Vista.
• Updated the QuickTime MOV defaults to use H.264 + AAC
• Updated and modified the Camtasia Theater application for improved workflow and options.
• Added the ability to have an Audio 3 track on the timeline.
• Added the ability to edit Camtasia Relay content if the Camtasia Relay Client Recorder is installed on the system.
• Added a Highlighter callout as an option.
• Added a Spotlight callout as an option.
• Fixed an issue that would show an error message when recording to AVI and pausing the recording.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Recorder UI to be the wrong size when restoring from a minimized state from the task bar.
• Fixed an issue when resizing the timeline in a secondary monitor would show strange results.
• Fixed an issue where users were able to switch to storyboard view while in the Record Camera view.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the "Fast Start" option to not work when producing to the Apple QuickTime MOV format.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the aspect ratio settings to be affected when using the floating TOC option with an ExpressShow production template.
• Fixed an issue when producing and selecting the "Include PPT File" option with Office 2007 would cause the file to not work properly if uploaded to Screencast.com.
• Added a warning message when producing with the Blog production preset and you have a non-side-by-side PiP video on the timeline.
• Fixed an issue with producing using the Blog production preset and having a quiz on the timeline would create a cropped quiz.
• Updated the recording preset sizes to include 720x576 for support of PAL video standards.
• Fixed an issue where Hotspots would not work as expected when producing with an ExpressShow template.
• Fixed an issue where the second of two identical .camrec files on the timeline would not show video for the second file.
• Fixed an issue with the Quiz/Survey Reporting button not being available when producing with an ExpressShow template.
• Fixed an issue where Web Production presets would not allow overlaid captions and closed captions.
• Fixed a crash that would be caused when producing a Flash SWF format using 44.100kHz, stereo, 128kBits/sec.
• Fixed a security hole where a cross-site scripting (XSS) attack would be possible with a malicious URL passed to controller.swf.
• Fixed an issue where FLV productions would not display the Answers Summary page as expected.
• Fixed an issue where the send email button would not work with ExpressShow if Flash Player version 9,0,115 is installed.
• Fixed a crash that could occur if you changed transitions on the timeline using the context menu.
• Fixed an issue that would cause a Flash produced video with quizzing to restart at the beginning after pausing for the quiz.
• Fixed an issue When producing to WMV and selecting iPod as an additional output, the resulting iPod video may be missing a video track.
• Implemented a change so Callouts are reliably added to the Timeline based on cursor position.
• Fixed an option if "Minimize to system tray during recording" is unchecked then the Recorder UI should always display.
• Fixed an issue when captions are selected to display and overlay, the preset does not produce the captions in overlay...