Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology.
-Benchmarking Software - Show how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
-Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There\'s no need to paste into a paint program every time you want a new shot. Your screen captures are automatically named and timestamped.
-Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 2560x1600 with custom frame rates from 10 to 100 frames per second!
Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and x64 Editions
Requires DirectX 9.0c or DirectX 10
Requires Administrator rights
Pentium 3 and above
Captures fastest with an NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon graphics card
2.9.4 - 14th Jan 2008
- Added 64-bit Fraps FPS1 codec
- Added support for resolutions up to 2560x1600 on single core CPUs
- Fixed crash when recording with sound under Vista SP1
- Fixed D3D9 recording speed on x64 versions of Windows
- Fixed Windows start bug when Fraps installed in a folder with a space in the name
- Improved compatibility with 3rd party graphic utilities
2.9.3 - 21st Nov 2007
- Fixed crash in DX10 games when AA enabled
- Fixed sound sync/length issue when 29.97 option used
- Improved video capture smoothness on slower hard drives
- Fixed LCD output displaying wrong resolution for DX10 games
- Fixed Run Fraps when Windows starts option under Vista
- Added support for DX8 SwapChains
- Reduced delay between split AVIs